Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Mar 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Free transportation hotels from non Disney hotels to Disney parks?

As we not been since 2016 and only stayed on site on our 4 visits we keeping our options open.
We hope to book April next year for August 2023 but if there not many more benefits added for on site guests we be looking at Hotels in the Buena Vista area.
What is the buses like from the hotels (ie how often do they run? Do u have to wait ages after the parks close? Do they share hotels? )

Edited at 01:20 PM.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have been to what is now called the Rosen inn on Palm Parkway 6 times, the last in Dec 19. They ran a very good shuttle service just for that hotel, no other pick ups. The first Disney bus was at 7.30 am and the last one back 11.30pm, sometimes midnight. There were other shuttles during the day. They also went to Seaworld and Universal but only one trip there and back each day. You are also on the Lynx 50 bus route so can use that to get to Disney Springs and TTC also Seaworld. We used Uber a couple of times, can't remember how much but not expensive. Loads of places to eat within walking distance. Great place to stay.

Edited at 11:13 AM.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
We hae been to what is now called the Rosen inn on Palm Parkway 6 times, the last in Dec 19. They ran a very good shuttle service just for that hotel, no other pick ups. The first Disney bus was at 7.30 am and the last one back 11.30pm, sometimes midnight. There were other shuttles during the day. They also went to Seaworld and Universal but only one trip there and back each day. You are also on the Lynx 50 bus route so can use that to get to Disney Springs and TTC. We used Uber a couple of times, can't remember how much but not expensive. Loads of places to eat within walking distance. Great place to stay.
Came here to recommend the same but you've covered it all! Great hotel for the price.
Old 18 Mar 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Not really thought of the hotel but I be happy if it’s a big family room as my daughter will be 11 and my son 4. We will only be doing Disney again as my daughter was under 40 inches and be my sons 1st visit and cause not been since 2016 so many new things been added.
As long as they are regularly and go to the 4 parks then I will be happy.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
We have been to what is now called the Rosen inn on Palm Parkway 6 times, the last in Dec 19. They ran a very good shuttle service just for that hotel, no other pick ups. The first Disney bus was at 7.30 am and the last one back 11.30pm, sometimes midnight. There were other shuttles during the day. They also went to Seaworld and Universal but only one trip there and back each day. You are also on the Lynx 50 bus route so can use that to get to Disney Springs and TTC also Seaworld. We used Uber a couple of times, can't remember how much but not expensive. Loads of places to eat within walking distance. Great place to stay.
Love that hotel!
Shuttle is a bit more limited to what it was but reasonable timings, it’s far better to take shuttle out and get an Uber for the return you can see the timetable here

rosenlbv/food-and-fu...park-shuttles/
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve only stayed there once but I wouldn’t hesitate to stay again.
Shuttles were great and reliable.
There were only the 2 of us so the room was fine for us clean with comfortable beds coffee maker and microwave
Old 5 Apr 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

I would also recommend any of the hotels on ‘hotel plaza boulevard’ you can walk to Disney springs and they all run a good shuttle service to the Disney parks (not sea world
or universal though). They are considered Disney ‘good neighbour’ hotels or something similar and are a more cost effective choice to actually being onsite in a Disney hotel. The B resort would be a good choice with 2 children as they have a room option with bunk beds and they are also on the Lynx 50 bus route 🙂
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 23, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Sorry to bring up an old topic again. After my car needed to be replaced in November last year I had to use most of my Florida funds to replace it.
Anyway looking at 2026 for our 10th wedding anniversary and my DD 2nd visit who will be 14 and my DS 1st visit and will be 7.
The Disney offers haven’t improved enough for us to decide to stay onsite again unless the free dinning plan comes available when we book in 2025.
So looking at LBV area as we still only gonna do Disney as my DD tall enough for everything and DS just 1m now so should be tall enough for 95% of the rides in 3 and a half years time.
Looking at hotels that offer transportation and a free breakfast every day and we take snacks into the park each day and for drinks use them Robinson’s mini to add to the free fountain and iced water available and buy a meal in the park each day with a drink.
Do hotels offer bigger family rooms?
Old 26 Feb 23, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Have you looked at Drurys? New Hotel on Hotel Boulevard near Disney Springs. Fantastic reviews and they do breakfast, free shuttles and a free evening food offering. Also they are a 'preferred' Disney Hotel so you get early Park entry etc.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List