Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Apr 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
My understanding was that anyone already booked in those seats by 15 March would not have to pay.
Do existing customers have to pay more?
No.

If you are already booked into a ‘preferred seat’ then no additional payment will be required. However, if you decide to change your seat after 15th March then additional fees will be payable.

Importantly, if you are holding an Economy Classic ticket for travel after 5th July, you should book your free seat NOW. After 15th March, the range of seats that is available for free will be reduced

An email was sent to passengers advising them

It's a change to what delta already have, as do other airlines
Brilliant thanks for this. We didn't receive an email and for some reason we all got chucked out of our already booked seats! 11 of us!
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
poppett67
Chilling at Carribean Beach

I got the email yesterday and after seeing a few posts on Facebook about seat changes I thought I best check ours. So, they have moved us out of the preferred seats into some at the back of the plane. I have just changed that to a few remaining seats together a few rows further forward. Are you saying I should ring and say I'd booked those seats before the flight time change?
4th Visit...September 2023, members Villa at Tuscan Hill. Took the Grandson this time.
5th visit...planning for 2025 with a granddaughter in tow.
poppett67 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Poohbear62
Proud to wear my Ears

Same happened to me. A phone call to VA and I have now moved into ‘preferred’ seats at no charge.
Poohbear62 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by poppett67 View Post
I got the email yesterday and after seeing a few posts on Facebook about seat changes I thought I best check ours. So, they have moved us out of the preferred seats into some at the back of the plane. I have just changed that to a few remaining seats together a few rows further forward. Are you saying I should ring and say I'd booked those seats before the flight time change?
I've just sorted ours on Twitter, very quick response. They shouldn't have moved anyone out of preferred seats if you'd already booked them prior to March this year. Ours got moved because the flight home is now a different plane and our seats no longer exist in economy, so we got chucked to open seats at the back.

Definitely contact them as you should be able to get preferred seats back as per your previous booking x
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Getting Excited

Ive had the same. Time and aircraft change. We were spread out across the aircraft. Quick DM on Twitter and we are back in the preferred seats with no charge.
Tinythepanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Drino
Excited about Disney

Yes talk to them i did on twitter and have moved forward 16 rows...i did book in november though 4 rows into economy so they had to move me somewhere near in economy on new plane...3 rows into 1st economy...feel sorry for the economy delight though,stuck between 2 economy sections
Drino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

They’d moved us to the back as well and I messaged them on Facebook and they’ve moved us to the ‘preferred’ ones for free. They were really quick with replying and moving us as well. Bit annoying because I wouldn’t have noticed if I didn’t see threads on here but it’s sorted now anyway!
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
kazmik
Trying for More Ears

The same happened to us, change of aircraft and stuck literally at back of plane! One simple phone call to Va customer services and it was instantly changed free of charge! Just 10 minutes on hold, which is fine, lovely girl sorted it within seconds!

Kazmik
kazmik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Years ago when we 1st started flying with VA they were the only airline that never charged for seat allocation, then quite a few years later they brought in a new policy were they then did impose a charge but only if you flew in Economy ... Premium and Upper was still free.
This again was changed after just couple of years so free for all.
I believe just before Covid they started charging Economy again if you wanted the old 747 bubble ..
All they are really doing now is what other airlines have always done, and they are not charging for all their seats just some, it’s just economics .BAs seat charge is and always has been very steep !
I believe anyone who was booked before the changes came allocate free if they call etc to ask.
I know it sounds like I am defending VA and perhaps I am but they are just doing what everyone else has always done, and trying to stay in business ... Personally I wouldn’t mind paying for seat allocation atall if it means helping them stay afloat as we need VA because if too may long haul go under the ones left will price hike so much , travel really will be just for the rich again !
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
Years ago when we 1st started flying with VA they were the only airline that never charged for seat allocation, then quite a few years later they brought in a new policy were they then did impose a charge but only if you flew in Economy ... Premium and Upper was still free.
This again was changed after just couple of years so free for all.
I believe just before Covid they started charging Economy again if you wanted the old 747 bubble ..
All they are really doing now is what other airlines have always done, and they are not charging for all their seats just some, it’s just economics .BAs seat charge is and always has been very steep !
I believe anyone who was booked before the changes came allocate free if they call etc to ask.
I know it sounds like I am defending VA and perhaps I am but they are just doing what everyone else has always done, and trying to stay in business ... Personally I wouldn’t mind paying for seat allocation atall if it means helping them stay afloat as we need VA because if too may long haul go under the ones left will price hike so much , travel really will be just for the rich again !
You're just trying to put facts in the way of people having an excuse to rant about Virgin though aren't you?
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List