Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Apr 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Passport Application Times

The Passport Office have said that they will be changing their advice for time to apply for a passport from 3 to 10 weeks. Probably due to the number of people who either haven't checked the validity of their passports or have chosen not to renew due to the Coronavirus situation.

So perhaps now is a good time to dig out your passports and if necessary arrange a new one in good time for a future trip. It is advice from the Passport Office so a renewal might be quicker than they say but they are expecting up to 3 million people to apply so who knows.

Just worth a couple of minutes to check and if you need a new passport and are travelling to the US a new ESTA too
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

got mine back in 8 days abut 3 weeks ago

email warned it could be upto 10 weeks
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

This reminds me, i now need to do my application asap xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Just completed online renewal for my 3 sons passports, they all run out in April, that’s £200 gone!
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

I’m fully to blame for the coronavirus. I jinxed it. My passport was due to expire, Last spring I applied for a new passport and it hasn’t been out of the cupboard since then
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Did both my boys about a month ago and both back within a week. Was very impressed how quick it was, thought I’d get in early in case they started to get busy!
lovemickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If the green light is given for holidays suddenly a mass of holiday wannabes like me will check their passports and realise they are out of date. I suspect we will see stories of people missing holidays as the new passport will not be returned in a timely fashion.
I foresaw this problem and renewed mine early at Christmas when no one else was doing it and got it back in less than a week I think it was.
Old 7 Apr 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

I did mine and ds last night and it said 10 weeks but hoping not.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

DH got his delivered today. we only sent it last Wed so with 2 bank holidays in between a great turn around. we ended up having the picture taken at the post office and they did the digital form at the same time. Al the pictures I took were rejected although they looked exactly like the one he now has in his new Blue/Black passport
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Sent off my old one on Monday and got it back the following Monday. That was 2 weeks ago.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List