Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Apr 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

To get the most bang for your buck I think I’d choose the Riviera. Restaurants there look great, new rooms and the Skyliner as well.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
To get the most bang for your buck I think I’d choose the Riviera. Restaurants there look great, new rooms and the Skyliner as well.
I agree with this! Although I have always wondered about staying at GF.

Personally though I would pick Animal Kingdom Lodge in a Savanna view room.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
We stayed in 2019 and the BC hasnt been renovated yet, the beds and mattresses are awful.

The bed collapsed during the night and at first we were refused a different room, then the next day we came back and we had been moved to a different room. Someone moved all our personal belongings to the new room without our knowledge, but left passports and money in the safe and put new guests in the broken room. 5 free nights was only part of their apology, we also had partial refund, free taxis, a huge credit of free FPs to our app. Due to the security breaches, when we got home we had a very nice cast member call from the executive office in Disney.
Goodness me that's awful! No wonder you ended up so highly comped, although very sorry you had to endure such a bad experience.

I was thinking, can you use the nights on a DVC room? Someone else mentioned Riviera which actually I would choose that over GF. Would love to stay there some day.

Where would you be staying on the rest of your trip? We like to have part of our trip near MK, and park by Epcot / HS. So I would base it on where you are spending the rest of the time.
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Never thought about Riviera, isnt on the list of Resorts in the T&Cs, but the resort wasnt open at the time so you never know.

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Trader Sams! Im more interested in Tonga Toast

Originally Posted by nolypops83 View Post
I'd go Poly as the rooms will be renovated and its got Trader Sams!
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

I'd consider Riviera too. It's on our bucket list (which, otherwise, includes Beach Club). If you've been to GF before then you could think of somewhere new.

With Riviera's link to the Skyliner you've got decent transport to two parks immediately, and then the Monorail to MK should you fancy!

As mentioned, both Topolino's and Primo Piatto seem to be highly thought of too. What's not to love, eh?
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
My top 2 are the Contemporary and the Yacht Club.

Theme park view in the main building. We did it over Christmas and it was amazing. The location is fabulous and the views are great.

We went for this over an outer building room at GF.

Yacht Club I much prefer to the Beach Club, like the theming, the rooms and public areas more.

AKL is a lovely resort but the cheapest so I wouldn’t use your nights there.

I’m not sure I’d stay at the Poly again, the public areas are mental and tbh I want somewhere where I don’t have to go outside to the food court etc.

Not been to the Boardwalk but I’d happily have a stay there.

WL I’d love to stay at but again it’s on the less pricey options of the resorts so I’d not go for that either.

Can you pick room views? If so I’d go for contemporary, main building theme park or bay lake view, yacht club or Boardwalk lake views.
Old 8 Apr 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I have a soft spot for the Contemporary (childhood favourite) so that would be my choice out of the deluxes if you can book into the main building. Second choice Yacht Club. Love the rooms but I'm not an Epcot fan, so the location isn't a bonus for me.

But if I could choose anything around the same price as a basic GF room, I'd actually go with a tower deluxe suite at CSR. It's technically a moderate but because it's the convention resort, it has a much more upscale feel than other moderates. Upsides are lots more space in the room and club level access. Downside is it's a bus only resort but I stayed there shortly before the tower opened and had zero issues getting around. My next trip will either be a repeat CSR stay or might try Riviera.

Edited at 11:59 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List