Notices

Old 9 Apr 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
GillyD
Excited about Disney

Jet-2 Suspends Flights/Holidays until end June

Due to uncertainty re travel rules, Jet-2 have suspended flights/holidays until end June - wonder who will be next to follow their lead.
GillyD is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GillyD View Post
Due to uncertainty re travel rules, Jet-2 have suspended flights/holidays until end June - wonder who will be next to follow their lead.
Realistically the vast majority of holiday makers are only going to want travel to green countries. With the majority of Jet 2 routes being Europe then it was probably an easy decision.

Edited at 10:09 AM.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I would imagine a few others, such as EasyJet, will follow suit. With so few European countries on the green list and the likelihood of these swapping to amber with little warning combined with the tests being so expensive for a family, itís just not going to be worth it for many. The rules as they are will mean many people will be priced out of a holiday this year as not everyone can afford long haul (or wish to fly long haul this year) and canít justify paying out the extra for the testing.

I feel the traffic light system is a way for Boris to open up travel in May in a way that makes it less likely for many to actually go anywhere. I think that travel will be more likely to have less restrictions after July/August when all adults are vaccinated

Edited at 10:17 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Jet 2 are all Europe, apart from an Xmas flight usually from LBA to NYC.

There will not be holidays to Europe until it gets on top of its vaccination programme, so hopefully by July.

Another reason why usual Europe travellers desperate to get away on holiday could plump to book US *if* US is on the first green travel list and the governments agree to get travel going.

Which is why, if you are planning going to US it *may* be a consideration to get a fully cancellable/ voucher refund flight booked. We just booked Aer Lingus, if you pick the second tier with seats and bags included you can cancel 14 days before and get a voucher valid for 5 years.

However, we donít mind taking a bit of risk.

Schapps did say this morning he would no longer discourage people booking holidays but they may wish to wait 2-3 weeks to see the green list. Sensible advice, but expect clear leaks of green list leading up to it (some would say the leaks are clear now) and donít be surprised if the reduced number of flights have high demand and high prices. Speculation of course.
Old 9 Apr 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post

There will not be holidays to Europe until it gets on top of its vaccination programme, so hopefully by July.

Another reason why usual Europe travellers desperate to get away on holiday could plump to book US *if* US is on the first green travel list and the governments agree to get travel going.

Which is why, if you are planning going to US it *may* be a consideration to get a fully cancellable/ voucher refund flight booked. We just booked Aer Lingus, if you pick the second tier with seats and bags included you can cancel 14 days before and get a voucher valid for 5 years.

Schapps did say this morning he would no longer discourage people booking holidays but they may wish to wait 2-3 weeks to see the green list. Sensible advice, but expect clear leaks of green list leading up to it (some would say the leaks are clear now) and donít be surprised if the reduced number of flights have high demand and high prices. Speculation of course.
Hi

Sorry I'm out of touch. I thought traffic light system announced on the 12th April?
Tinkerbell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Hi

Sorry I'm out of touch. I thought traffic light system announced on the 12th April?
Itís been announced this morning.

gov.uk/government/news/g...mMq311MqwZ9yxA
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Hi

The system was announced overnight - I think they indicated 10 May would be the date for announcing which countries will make the green list and whether travel will be permitted from 17 May.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

To be fair I never expected to be able to go anywhere until at least 21st June.

We are only able to stay in a UK hotel from May 17th so Iíd be surprised (pleasantly) if people got to go abroad before June.

Dd has a holiday booked for July 4th to Cyprus wonder if sheíll get there?

Iím pretty positive for Florida in August but if we canít go I can cope with that itís not the end of the world.

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post

Ref flight prices. This is not my area but would I be right in saying that airlines have mothballed aircraft and will not be sure about the demand. So in the shorter term ie this summer, it is going to be difficult to determine the supply/demand and therefore the price?
Pinchy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Iím not surprised at Jet2s move. People are very unlikely to be going to Europe for a typical beach break before the end of June. Thatís the bulk of their business.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List