Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 2 Apr 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Star Wars Vintage collection Disney+

A few new things added today on Disney+ for Star Wars fans. The two pretty terrible Ewok films and Ewoks cartoon but it also has the legendary Genndy Tartakovskys Clone Wars series. These are really good although the voice acting of Anakin is awful. It also has Story of the Faithful Wookiee, ian animated story that aired as part of the 1978 made-for-TV-film The Star Wars Holiday Special. It has the first appearance of Boba Fett.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
When people are critical of the Disney treatment of the more recent Star Wars films I'd always like to point out the George personally contributed to the story and the production of the two Ewok films. I appreciate they are aimed at a more younger audience but the acting is terrible and the overall production and effects in these movies are extremely lacking and that's putting it politely.

I think its great to add these to Disney+ as it makes for interesting viewing and gives a complete picture and narrative to the whole Star Wars catalogue and universe so big thanks to Disney for adding these. That said I bet given the chance George would prefer to forget that he suggested these in the first place.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by florida2010 View Post
When people are critical of the Disney treatment of the more recent Star Wars films I'd always like to point out the George personally contributed to the story and the production of the two Ewok films. I appreciate they are aimed at a more younger audience but the acting is terrible and the overall production and effects in these movies are extremely lacking and that's putting it politely.

I think its great to add these to Disney+ as it makes for interesting viewing and gives a complete picture and narrative to the whole Star Wars catalogue and universe so big thanks to Disney for adding these. That said I bet given the chance George would prefer to forget that he suggested these in the first place.
If it wasn't for Disney, there wouldn't be any new Star Wars material for people new to the franchise to watch. The fans would've been left to dwindle.

Disney did bring us Rogue One and the Mandalorian, both of which were great. I also thought Force Awakens was excellent (the following films weren't quite as good but they weren't that bad). Disney is also bringing us a ton of new shows in the future - some of which will be good and, I suspect, some will be not so good. But at least we'll get something and I bet they will be better than those Ewok films.

And, as you said, it's not like everything George did was brilliant. Personally, I'd rather watch the recent sequel trilogy than the prequels. If George can be a bit hit'n'miss then it seems a little harsh on Disney if they also sometimes put something out that isn't quite as good as it should be.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Totally agree overall think Disney has become a great home for Star Wars.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List