Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Apr 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
craaazyuk
Excited about Disney

Help picking a Deluxe please.

We are due to go 15th august this year (fingers crossed) and we are currently booked to stay at Coronado Springs. However we have decided as we didn’t go last year to upgrade to a deluxe. Our options available are Saratoga Springs in a preferred studio, Wilderness Lodge or possibly the Beach Club. I really like the look of the refurbished rooms in SSR and WL and I must admit the look of the rooms in the BC seem a little dated. I really like the idea of staying in WL because of the proximity to MK but then equally wonder if we will spend a lot of time travelling to other parks as it’s further away from everything else, I have also heard mixed reviews on the transportation there.
We really like spending the odd evening around Disney Springs so think that we would like SSR based on this.
We area family of four with two kids aged 15 and 7 so we are a bit of a mixed bag. Would appreciate any advice as I just can’t seem to make a decision! 🤪
craaazyuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

I would pick wilderness - it’s top of my list for our next trip. I am put off the DVC deluxes due to the sofa bed for the kids and would prefer a full bed, so that would rule out Saratoga for me. Also, i think beach club gets an awful lot of passing traffic from non resort guests checking out the resort and is now right by the sky liner at Epcot. So for me, wilderness and it’s proximity to the magic kingdom is the one to pick!
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
clyde106
Earning More Ears

Hi!

Wilderness gets my vote hands-down. The theming is absolutely amazing, the rooms are cozy, you're in close proximity to Magic Kingdom and can catch a boat from the hotel. I've never stayed at the Beach Club but the proximity to EPCOT never really interested us too much as we only go a couple times on our trips.

Though, Animal Kingdom Lodge is my absolute favourite deluxe, but I don't think they're taking bookings this year.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted on what you book.

Edited at 10:11 PM.
clyde106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
craaazyuk
Excited about Disney

Thank you both, I was leaning towards Wilderness so I think you’ve given me the final push. Its probably the only time we will stay in a deluxe so the decision felt like I big one! 😅
craaazyuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List