Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Apr 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Reunion resort tips

Hi All,

Have just booked the last piece of our 2022 trip and decided to go with a lovely looking condo in Reunion resort that all 7 of us can share.

Never looked at this type of stay before and had only heard of the resort in passing so was wondering if anyone had experience of stays here and any tips?

I did have a few questions;

Are there pathways around the resort? I can see its huge but dont want to have to drive everywhere.

How do they know you are staying at a member villa/condo? Do you get a card or band?

How secure is it? i know its gated but the resort does seem quite easy to wander on to from the nearby roads

Probably stuff i should have asked before booking but wheres the fun in that?
2003 - Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive
2010 - Staybridge Suites LBV
2012 - Beach Club
2017 - Old Key West
2019 - Old Key West/Hard Rock Hotel
2022 - Reunion/BC/AKL/Hard Rock Hotel!
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post
Hi All,

Have just booked the last piece of our 2022 trip and decided to go with a lovely looking condo in Reunion resort that all 7 of us can share.

Never looked at this type of stay before and had only heard of the resort in passing so was wondering if anyone had experience of stays here and any tips?

I did have a few questions;

Are there pathways around the resort? I can see its huge but dont want to have to drive everywhere.

How do they know you are staying at a member villa/condo? Do you get a card or band?

How secure is it? i know its gated but the resort does seem quite easy to wander on to from the nearby roads

Probably stuff i should have asked before booking but wheres the fun in that?
We have just sold our villa in Reunion
The resort is huge, but there are pathways all around - there is also a resort bus that you can call for to drive you to the other side of the resort if you like.
You should know from your booking whether the Condo has membership - they will have charged you $40/night for the privilege! Did you book with the resort, an owner or via a Management Co? Not all of the ManCos have reciprocal arrangements with the resort to offer membership.
If you do have resort membership, you'll be issued with a card that you will need to access member-only facilities. One piece of advice is to avoid the water park at the weekend when it can get very busy! All of the on site restaurants are good - but apart from the main clubhouse I'd advise booking. The sushi in the lobby bar is amazing.
I am sure you will love it though - we can't wait to go back even though we won't be staying in our own home this time, but with friends who live there.
Sarah
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Thanks Sarah..We have paid a $252 resort fee which is only $18 a night for the 14 nights we are there so that's a bit worrying. We have booked through Magical Vacations homes who believe are a partner and it had a little gold sticker on it saying Preferred Reunion Partner and Resort Access on it, but i don't see any text on the condos page or any of the booking emails stating we have access... ill check with them.

Edit - The very nice lady on the Magical Vacations webchat said $40 is for homes, we are in a 3 bed Condo so it's less. Seems odd though as you'd think it was per person not based on the accommodation.

When you look at the same property on the Reunion Resort page it does say it has full access, am i right in thinking its the property itself that determines if you are on a member stay or not, rather than who you book with?
2003 - Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive
2010 - Staybridge Suites LBV
2012 - Beach Club
2017 - Old Key West
2019 - Old Key West/Hard Rock Hotel
2022 - Reunion/BC/AKL/Hard Rock Hotel!

Edited at 08:01 PM.
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post
Thanks Sarah..We have paid a $252 resort fee which is only $18 a night for the 14 nights we are there so that's a bit worrying. We have booked through Magical Vacations homes who believe are a partner and it had a little gold sticker on it saying Preferred Reunion Partner and Resort Access on it, but i don't see any text on the condos page or any of the booking emails stating we have access... ill check with them.

Edit - The very nice lady on the Magical Vacations webchat said $40 is for homes, we are in a 3 bed Condo so it's less. Seems odd though as you'd think it was per person not based on the accommodation.

When you look at the same property on the Reunion Resort page it does say it has full access, am i right in thinking its the property itself that determines if you are on a member stay or not, rather than who you book with?
Then you're all good - you'll have access 'all areas' including all the resort pools, water park & new mini-golf. Magical / RVH used to manage us - they're super helpful! Yes, if you've paid $18/night that's for the party as they don't charge per person - one of the reasons we sold as we had a 5 bed home sleeping 10 paying the same as a 14 bed mansion sleeping 20+ - madness!
Enjoy - we are fingers crossed for a visit this summer depending on what happens with travel corridors.
If you have any other Reunion related questions please ask - we owned there for almost 10 years and we still have great friends who live there.
Sarah

Reunion include the fee in their rates whereas the ManCo's have to show it separately.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List