Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Apr 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HelloDisney
I have Ears

Flights?

Hello, thanks again for all the advice when I asked about prices for accommodation. Been feeling excited today and had a look online for flights next April. Tui flights are over 5000 without luggage! BA on our outbound day is £1400 for an economy ticket per person one way! Surely, if you estimate that with return, we're looking at around 8000 for all four of us?!
That's just ridiculous isn't it? Am willing to fly from pretty much anywhere for the best deal, but can't spend that much on flights. Will wait a few more weeks until our dates are available on all airlines, but do you think flights will come down in price for 2022 as the year goes on? Will look at BA, Virgin, Tui and Aer Lingus. Any other airlines anyone recommends? We can only go in school holiday times.
Thanks!
HelloDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Muppetnation_20
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by HelloDisney View Post
Hello, thanks again for all the advice when I asked about prices for accommodation. Been feeling excited today and had a look online for flights next April. Tui flights are over 5000 without luggage! BA on our outbound day is £1400 for an economy ticket per person one way! Surely, if you estimate that with return, we're looking at around 8000 for all four of us?!
That's just ridiculous isn't it? Am willing to fly from pretty much anywhere for the best deal, but can't spend that much on flights. Will wait a few more weeks until our dates are available on all airlines, but do you think flights will come down in price for 2022 as the year goes on? Will look at BA, Virgin, Tui and Aer Lingus. Any other airlines anyone recommends? We can only go in school holiday times.
Thanks!
I would ignore the one way prices. They are ridiculously expensive so when you'r return date opens up you'll see the price for a return trip will come in under that. Best thing you can do is wait until your dates come out and then see.

There will be sales through the year as well so it might be worth waiting for one of them. You'll pay a premium for school holidays but I'm sure you'll get it under the TUI prices.

I'd also try Delta, American and Lufthansa. They will share with other airlines but you might find the same seat on the same plane is different with different airlines.
Muppetnation_20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Thanks!
For flight only BA release their flights 355 days out American, Virgin, Delta, KLM, Lufthansa etc at 330 days or 11 months so to get the lower fares you have to wait until you can book both outbound and inbound flights. One way fares are always based on fully flexible tickets so are the most expensive but return fares can be based on more restricted fare rules so tend to be cheaper.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
For flight only BA release their flights 355 days out American, Virgin, Delta, KLM, Lufthansa etc at 330 days or 11 months so to get the lower fares you have to wait until you can book both outbound and inbound flights. One way fares are always based on fully flexible tickets so are the most expensive but return fares can be based on more restricted fare rules so tend to be cheaper.
Also remember that when the prices are first released they are usually very high. If you wait a few weeks they tend to go down. I’ve always looked every few days for weeks and weeks (remember to disable cookies) and book when I find a price I’m happy with. With Virgin they tend to fluctuate and go down for a few days every now and then for no apparent reason.

Edited at 02:59 PM.
sunkisser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

As per all the above, good advice.

What are the dates, departure and destination airports that you are seeking.. and how many of you are there, plus ages of any children?

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 04:03 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Thanks!
I don’t think it is a matter of prices coming down as the year goes on. It is more that you are simply looking too early for April next year and are not getting realistic prices. If you wait until the right time, a few more weeks as you say, I am sure you will find more normal prices.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List