Old 14 Apr 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Disney Value Family Suites question?

Does anyone know what the price difference was between a family suite at All Star Music is to a family suite at Art Of Animation? Hypothetical I know as ASMusic isn’t open but hoping it will be for 2022 but as it isn’t I can’t see prices. I have AOA Little Mermaid standard room booked but I’m thinking as it’s only 5 days I might look at a suite.

Edited at 07:58 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Ok so hypothetically ASM is a less good value resort and the All stars in general are often 10%+ cheaper than the same room at Pop, nevermind the AoA premium. The lack of skyliner transport option, dated theming and location make the three resorts a less popular choice for many. The suites at ASM are not custom build like at AoA so they have the external entry - they basically knocked part of the wall down between two rooms and made them suites rather than built them this way, so if internal corridors are a big thing for you then it will have to be AoA. The suites at ASM are generally cheaper than AoA in the same way that the standard rooms are cheaper and I am not sure that they have the murphy bed, it may just be sofas/chairs you can convert. In terms of price difference I would take a guess that the % difference will be similar to the standard rooms at both resorts and see if I was happy to forgo the AoA theming, pool, etc for this amount. It is also worth noting that ASM has a lot fewer suites than AoA and they also rarely come up in free dining deals so that may be something to also consider. If you do want ASM suites I would book once you know your dates as this way you will not miss out if the 2 (i think) buildings get booked out.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Thanks for the info. I didn’t realise AOA suites were internal corridors which is a plus. I saw a vlog on a refurbed ASM suite and it looked pretty good. I think I’ll go with AOA for the Skyliner etc but if there was a massive difference in price I’d look at ASM suites. Shame I can’t see a price. Hopefully it might open again soon so I can see.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

I think you will definitely not regret AoA especially with young children as the theming is ideal for them and the big blue pool is lots of fun. Originally AoA was going to be the early decades of the pop century resort - notice how its actually pop half century anyhow after a few delays due to recessions and 9/11 when they came back to finish the resort they decided on a total re-theme and to create family suites rather than 2000+ more motel style rooms. The LM buildings were much further along in their build so they stayed as motel rooms with external corridors, but for the other 7 buildings they kept the foot print but moved the corridors inside for comfort/cost and as they are safer for families with small kids who can let themselves out of rooms and wander off. We stayed at Pop in 2007 and have some photos taken from across hourglass lake of the original main building at AoA with the decades on the top.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List