Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Apr 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Mine is now in the emergency vets 💔 the stupid idiot stole two cakes off the kitchen side (which isn’t like him!) and they have raisins in. I feel sick with worry, they’ve induced vomiting, done bloods and are keeping him for 48 hours.

He’s also bred for working - to be fair he thinks he’s a cat, he brought us a mouse and a sparrow
Don’t you just worry about them so much ❤️ Hope he’s ok x
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mine is now in the emergency vets 💔 the stupid idiot stole two cakes off the kitchen side (which isn’t like him!) and they have raisins in. I feel sick with worry, they’ve induced vomiting, done bloods and are keeping him for 48 hours.

He’s also bred for working - to be fair he thinks he’s a cat, he brought us a mouse and a sparrow
Oh no! What a daft boy, hope all is well. Very worrying and stressful when something like that happens. Our girl is a professional food thief, you should have seen DH dive on her last week when she got a little foil wrapped Easter chocolate.

I'm sure he'll be ok bit do let us know.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Oh no! What a daft boy, hope all is well. Very worrying and stressful when something like that happens. Our girl is a professional food thief, you should have seen DH dive on her last week when she got a little foil wrapped Easter chocolate.

I'm sure he'll be ok bit do let us know.
He ran off with an Easter egg the other week - just paraded it around the garden and swapped it for a ball 😂

Our old lab used to Nick food like it was going out of fashion. But Woody is relatively good, he tries, but most of the time he doesn’t bother. Clearly wanted an adventure for today.

The vets have said they will call us in the morning. I’m sure he’ll be okay, but it’s scary to think he’s got to stay in.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

He ran off with an Easter egg the other week - just paraded it around the garden and swapped it for a ball 😂

Our old lab used to Nick food like it was going out of fashion. But Woody is relatively good, he tries, but most of the time he doesn’t bother. Clearly wanted an adventure for today.

The vets have said they will call us in the morning. I’m sure he’ll be okay, but it’s scary to think he’s got to stay in.
Hi
Hope your dog is ok this morning. My sons french bull dog ate a mince pie, couple of months ago he had to have induced vomiting aswell but didnt stay overnight.
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gilly120 View Post
Hi
Hope your dog is ok this morning. My sons french bull dog ate a mince pie, couple of months ago he had to have induced vomiting aswell but didnt stay overnight.
I used to feed my previous boy Christmas cake 😂🙄. This was a dog that had eaten: oven cleaner, Turkey giblets, a chicken carcass, 12 frozen beef burgers, 19 fairy cakes, including cases, an advent calendar, an Easter egg, and a Terry’s chocolate orange with popping candy in. This dog NEVER spent the night in the vets, never went to the vet for any of the above (obviously we called them every time in a blind panic, to the point where they would ask, “is this Jake again”.).

Woody bless him, was sick 6 times on Christmas Day for eating too many dog treats.
The vets have called this morning to say they’ve never seen such a happy bouncy lab, every time they try and look at him he rolls over for tummy rubs 😂 he’s doing fine and will have more tests today. ❤️
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I used to feed my previous boy Christmas cake 😂🙄. This was a dog that had eaten: oven cleaner, Turkey giblets, a chicken carcass, 12 frozen beef burgers, 19 fairy cakes, including cases, an advent calendar, an Easter egg, and a Terry’s chocolate orange with popping candy in. This dog NEVER spent the night in the vets, never went to the vet for any of the above (obviously we called them every time in a blind panic, to the point where they would ask, “is this Jake again”.).

Woody bless him, was sick 6 times on Christmas Day for eating too many dog treats.
The vets have called this morning to say they’ve never seen such a happy bouncy lab, every time they try and look at him he rolls over for tummy rubs 😂 he’s doing fine and will have more tests today. ❤️
I do wonder sometimes about the advice. My parents used to feed their dachshunds grapes and Maltesers as treats! Both dogs lived to 17 years of age with no health issues.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I do wonder sometimes about the advice. My parents used to feed their dachshunds grapes and Maltesers as treats! Both dogs lived to 17 years of age with no health issues.
I think it just depends on the dog. J had a stomach of Steel. Woody just doesn’t, and despite stealing the cakes he’s not a foody lab. It’s very unlike him to steal food, he normally pinches the remote and ignores food. Clearly he was drawn to them!
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I googled it as DH always shares his Choccy with the dogs. Apparently for a dog of Max’s size he would need to eat over 1.5kg before having any real issues. I weigh 3x as much and I think I’d die if I are 4.5kg of dairy milk in one sitting too
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

Really hope he has the all clear soon x
Old 16 Apr 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

I am glad hes doing fine. My 9 year old chocolate lab has eaten so much chocolate/toffee over the last 9 years I would be ashamed to put it on here. He is an extremely clever dog and with his terrier sidekick they have managed to work out how to open cupboards, wardrobes, drawers etc.

Last December he managed to open the sliding door cupboard and ate box M & S belgian chocolates, bag of chocolate covered nougat, 5 bars of the aldi small bar chocolate and 2 bars of dairy milk, with a little help from the terrier.

One year he ate 3 boxes of thorntons toffee, terrier got on table and managed to nudge them off the shelf and also chewed the lid off a new jar of strawberry bonbons and ate them all, vet advised to give him gaviscon to make him burp, it worked and he threw up a massive pile of strawberry smelling liquid all over my son it stank.

We have been very lucky with him and other than being sick with the bonbons has never been unwell, he is a huge dog though in height and weight.