Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Apr 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

TUI Glenbrook Villas - Reviews and a question

Hi there Dibbers!

We've booked with Thomson to stay in a 4 bed villa at Glenbrook this December.

Reviews grateful if you've stayed there please

We're due to arrive in the evening (7:30) and the confirmation email says to go to Colombus Vacation Homes, Champions Gate Blvd, Davenport to collect a welcome pack from the lock box (if we arrive after hours).

Presumably 7:30pm is classed as out of hours, will we need to return the day after to sign any documents for the villa? Think I saw something on a youtube review saying this?

I'm also wondering about how we pay locally for pool heating if the office is closed?

First full day we want to hit Hollywood Studios first thing, could do without a detour via champions gate

When I rang Thomson they couldn't tell me much, other than to wait until the reps are back working in resorts and/or TUI shops are open and then we'll know more.

Anyway if you've stayed at Glenbrook or othet thomson package villas and know the drill I'd be grateful. Last twice we've done DIY so never had to faff

Thank you!
YorkshireRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

They used to be open till 9 most days but currently I believe it’s around 4/30 pm
You could contact them directly a couple of days before to arrange pool heat but to be honest I’d contact the villa MC when you get there it will be cheaper
4/30 pm is no use to man nor beast when check intime is usually 4 pm but it’s a long time since I had any dealings with them so the email address I have isn’t valid now
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
They used to be open till 9 most days but currently I believe it’s around 4/30 pm
You could contact them directly a couple of days before to arrange pool heat but to be honest I’d contact the villa MC when you get there it will be cheaper
4/30 pm is no use to man nor beast when check intime is usually 4 pm but it’s a long time since I had any dealings with them so the email address I have isn’t valid now
Thank you, hopefully over the next few months things will improve and we can all get back to holidaying
YorkshireRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
spurs444
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

We collected from same place all be it for Thomas Cook villa.
Very straight forward to get details from lockbox with code provided and there was no need to return to sign anything so you can get on and enjoy your first day.

No idea on pool heat as we did not take this option and we stayed at Retreat on Championsgate so cant help with a review.
spurs444 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by spurs444 View Post
We collected from same place all be it for Thomas Cook villa.
Very straight forward to get details from lockbox with code provided and there was no need to return to sign anything so you can get on and enjoy your first day.

No idea on pool heat as we did not take this option and we stayed at Retreat on Championsgate so cant help with a review.
Thank you, fingers crossed we'll be ok then!
Old 20 Apr 22, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireRose View Post
Hi there Dibbers!

We've booked with Thomson to stay in a 4 bed villa at Glenbrook this December.

Reviews grateful if you've stayed there please

We're due to arrive in the evening (7:30) and the confirmation email says to go to Colombus Vacation Homes, Champions Gate Blvd, Davenport to collect a welcome pack from the lock box (if we arrive after hours).

Presumably 7:30pm is classed as out of hours, will we need to return the day after to sign any documents for the villa? Think I saw something on a youtube review saying this?

I'm also wondering about how we pay locally for pool heating if the office is closed?

First full day we want to hit Hollywood Studios first thing, could do without a detour via champions gate

When I rang Thomson they couldn't tell me much, other than to wait until the reps are back working in resorts and/or TUI shops are open and then we'll know more.

Anyway if you've stayed at Glenbrook or othet thomson package villas and know the drill I'd be grateful. Last twice we've done DIY so never had to faff

Thank you!
Hi, we're staying at Glenbrook this Aug, and I was wondered how you found the area? We're OK with it being a little further out than the 192 area (it being closer to Clermont will be good for Parkrun) but was wondering how you found your stay there?

Thanks

Tim
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 22, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rocking Ewok
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by RC22 View Post
Hi, we're staying at Glenbrook this Aug, and I was wondered how you found the area? We're OK with it being a little further out than the 192 area (it being closer to Clermont will be good for Parkrun) but was wondering how you found your stay there?

Thanks

Tim
My parents used to live on Glenbrook, so visited often. I really like the area and the villas are a nice size with good pool sizes. It was nice and quiet even though it was busy.
Close to the Walmart just off the 192 and also very close to a Publix as well.
Rocking Ewok is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

We love Publix subs n soups so that'll be ideal to grab n go and sit by the pool , I see there's a Hurricane Wings nearby too, menu looks great.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rocking Ewok
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by RC22 View Post
We love Publix subs n soups so that'll be ideal to grab n go and sit by the pool , I see there's a Hurricane Wings nearby too, menu looks great.
Publix deli, hot food and bakery counters are amazing.
Rocking Ewok is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List