Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Apr 21, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I had one when with my ex. Only he used it and used to sort out all the chemicals etc. When we split, Ive sent it round to my sons as I cant stand it.
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
Just the running noise the pump makes. We can’t hear it at all when our doors are shut but they claim the noise was driving them mad. We were about to take it down for the winter anyway (we just put it up for 2 weeks to check it actually worked, which was a good job as the pump broke on the 2nd day and they had to send us a new one) but I’m wanting to put it out again soon, so that will be fun!
Our now ex-neighbours got one at the beginning of the lockdown around a year ago.

It was VERY loud, to the point of spoiling our own time being outside in the back garden if they had it running. I’m not sure what it was doing that was making such a noise - maybe it was the jets running - but we’d dread being outside when it came on.

As non-confrontational types we didn’t mention it and then their house was put on the market so we waited it out.

I have no idea what model it was but it’s put me right off getting one ourselves in case we become the anti-social neighbours annoying others!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

We have neighbours two doors down and yes, the noise from their inflatable hot-tub is really intrusive... they don't notice but it often runs very late at night. We've never said anything but we do have to move indoors, regardless of the weather.
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Our now ex-neighbours got one at the beginning of the lockdown around a year ago.

It was VERY loud, to the point of spoiling our own time being outside in the back garden if they had it running. I’m not sure what it was doing that was making such a noise - maybe it was the jets running - but we’d dread being outside when it came on.

As non-confrontational types we didn’t mention it and then their house was put on the market so we waited it out.

I have no idea what model it was but it’s put me right off getting one ourselves in case we become the anti-social neighbours annoying others!
That was our experience with next door also. Very noisy when in use (not to mention the radio and very loud shouting back and fore to their house), and always a background hum/vibration when not in use. Thankfully they moved soon after getting it. The whole neighbourhood collectively sighed with relief.

Why people put the things almost against their neighbour's house I do not know.(Same with trampolines next to the neighbour's fence.)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
That was our experience with next door also. Very noisy when in use (not to mention the radio and very loud shouting back and fore to their house), and always a background hum/vibration when not in use. Thankfully they moved soon after getting it. The whole neighbourhood collectively sighed with relief.

Why people put the things almost against their neighbour's house I do not know.(Same with trampolines next to the neighbour's fence.)
The answer to your question is simple.

The neighbour's house is usually the furthest point from your own house, so putting your hottub/trampoline there makes it quieter (and a better view) from your own windows.

We hired a hottub for daughters 18th and we put it next to neighbours fence as having it there meant that they couldn't be seen from next doors upstairs windows, giving everyone more privacy
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

[QUOTE=WhereIBelong;1491937

Why people put the things almost against their neighbour's house I do not know.(Same with trampolines next to the neighbour's fence.)[/QUOTE]

In our case, our outdoor socket is on the side of our house, so the hot tub has to go on our patio. Unless you have a huge garden, or the neighbours house is set in big grounds that’s always going to be relatively near the neighbours fence. We had a large extension on the back of our house, so it’s also set back a lot from theirs. My neighbours are the type that complain about anything though. We had some new windows fitted in January and they shouted at the man fitting them because he set one foot on their grass as he removed a window from his van (my driveway goes all the way up past their front garden)
Obviously I don’t want to upset them, but having paid £500 out, I would like to be able to use it more than once! Might have to look at some housing over the pump or something to keep the humming down to a minimum.

Edited at 10:25 AM.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Got our solid tub delivered today and they just got the pumps switched on. Can't hear the pumps as such, just the noise of the water coming out the jets etc. Not noisey for our neighbours hopefully. 2 complained the road was blocked while they unloaded tub off trailer. That couldn't be helped but was only a couple of minutes. But when they moved there truck and trailer it was replaced by a huge lorry delivering a gearbox on a pallet for me also. Don't think I'm in my neighbours good books today. 😂
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
We had it on our patio and when the door was closed we were sat only 2 meters away and couldn’t hear it, but when your outside it’s does hum which I assume is normal as it’s not too loud? I would move it to the other side of the garden but the outside socket is where we had it positioned. We are about to go on the market though, so hopefully the new neighbours will be better!
This is our set up the window you can see is our bedroom window so as you can see it’s pretty close we can’t hear it when the jets aren’t switched on and we have our window open all year round

Just realised you can’t really see the hot tub but it is there under the gazebo

Edited at 11:08 AM.
Taffy1959 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List