Yes - the majority of the time 148 78.31%
No 41 21.69%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Nov 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Yeah, all the time in my wallet.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

All the time for all members of the family. Also have digital copies on phones if needed.

Its about time the DVLA had them available in an official app wallet. They have been promising it will come next year since 2016.

Edited at 12:38 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

It's in my purse but I never take my purse to work or on the school runs, so rarely have it with me.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
All the time for all members of the family. Also have digital copies on phones if needed.

Its about time the DVLA had them available in an official app wallet. They have been promising it will come next year since 2016.
This is a great idea as I always have my phone. Would a police officer except a photo of my licence.

In my 27 years of driving I've never been asked for my licence road side. Is that unusual?
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Not really, I don't carry a hand bag, I don't carry a purse that often except when going specifically shopping, Apple pay covers me most of the time. If it was in my Apple wallet on my phone, it would come with me everywhere, including the bathroom ha!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mine lives in my purse.

I've had a reminder today that it's about to expire in January and needs renewing
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I used to but now don't carry my wallet as i use apple pay for most things. Can i ask why people carry theirs as there is no legal requirement in the UK and the police can do a electronic check anyway. Maybe for those with a photo on i can get it as some places ask for photo id, but i've got a paper one so don't see the reason.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
I used to but now don't carry my wallet as i use apple pay for most things. Can i ask why people carry theirs as there is no legal requirement in the UK and the police can do a electronic check anyway. Maybe for those with a photo on i can get it as some places ask for photo id, but i've got a paper one so don't see the reason.
I just always have had it, but it's useful in case I need to collect a parcel - not that I ever do 🤣😂
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
Photo ID in my case.

If I go to get a click and collect item I may be asked for it. If it is always with me then I don't have to think about remembering it.

If it was in a secure digital wallet which is accepted everywhere then I would only need to have my phone.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I carry my driving licence all the time. Partially in case I need personal ID or proof of address for something, e.g. like going to the council tip, and also in the hope that if I get to America again I won't forget to have brought it for the car hire company.