Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Feb 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Do you do trip reports?

I just went back to one of my old trip reports to link to a tour that we did and realised I never finished it. I’ve done that with a couple of reports 😳 I should go back and finish them off the best I can, as it was nice looking back at the trip. I think I run out of steam with them. It’s lovely when people comment on them and that gives a bit of motivation to carry on writing, but I know I sometimes read reports without commenting much, so I’m going to make sure I comment on them more when they all start coming back 🤞
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I really enjoy doing trip reports, live most evenings as the vacation progresses and then fine tuning it for many weeks upon return to the U.K. I always do the trippie as a single thread and then when it is finished, print it off to put in that vacations ‘keepsake box’. In the evenings, whilst I do the trippie, my wife is doing her vacation scrapbook.

One thing that I never cover in my reports is food!

I have done the last two vacations and wish that I had also done the 8 before that.

In 2020, I did 2 x pre trippies for vacations that were subsequently cancelled and a further one for Aug 2021, which will hopefully go ahead.

I also like reading the reports of others. I am totally uninterested in the food and the selfie’s. I am very interested in the experiences, what worked and what did not, good outcomes and regrets, observations on how it could have been done better etc. I unashamedly use this information to give us ideas on future trips.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:44 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Yes. I enjoy doing them, most of the time, I struggled with the last one as we had an awkward home issue when we got back from our last trip and it became a chore. I do them as a record of our trip to look back on. DW turns them into photobooks with my words superimposed on the photos. So many things I would have missed and forgotten if I hadn’t. I especially enjoy doing the food reports and still can’t believe how many times they’ve been read. Something I’m really proud of
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

I will confess, I did an unfinished trippie, I just ran out of steam. I had a scrapbook running for the same trip and ran out of steam on that too! I was thinking of having another go if we do make it this year as it may be helpful for those who are umming and ahing on whether to go, plus my son will really enjoy helping with ideas and so on. Let’s see!
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I do like reading them occasionally, the excitement of airport, arriving, Main St or first day at beach. Then that's it really. Once meals are shown, I'm out! 😊
Never do them ourselves.
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I dont write them as never had the time when I was working now I am retired I have the time but cant go anywhere. I enjoy reading them except the food reports - pasta is pasta and a burger is a burger so I skip that or switch to a non food related report which is far more interesting to read to me.

I am writing up by diaries /memoirs at the moment using my pretty decent memory and photographs & with details from BA and Virgin flight records over the last decades. Its fun but OH so easy to go down rabbit holes or get distracted

Edited at 11:26 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

I love a good trip report. I have written one but I must admit, I got to day 11 or twelve of 15 and never quite made it to the end. I have read it a few times since we went and it always puts a smile on my face to remember such a great trip.

Inspiration for our visits generally comes from some of the best trip reports we have read in the lead up to our trip. Goldia, the DMC, and Walt4it are particular favourites of mine and have given me many tips and ideas.

I intend to write up a trip report for our next trip. It's been a crappy year with one thing or another and it will be great to create some more happy memories in Florida.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 21, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I love reading trip reports and the dining reports. I make notes of what people have done or eaten that i would like to try. If it's a food report it's especially helpful if they say how much the meal cost as it gives you an idea o spending money for food. Love them.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 21, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I think I got as far as doing my pre-trip, diligently made notes whilst out there, and then pfft! To be fair, we got back 23rd February 2020, then I was ill for about a week 🙄 and then ... well interest in trip reports kind of was non-existent as it all felt a bit flat! I do plan on actually doing the report at some point!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have no interest in writing or reading trip reports.

I like dining reports, both reading and writing. I couldn’t write one long after the fact as some people do. I write mine up as I go, during quiet time such as in the morning on the balcony with a cup of tea whilst DH still snoozing.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List