Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Feb 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It is really good of you to keep cat and find homes for the kittens.

We have a scratching post because ours does try to scratch the carpet. We feed 1.5 pouches of whiskas a day divided morning and night and always leave dried food and water out too. How much food will depend on cats weight. I’m sure the rescue group will let you know what they have been feeding them.
We find the really cheap Tesco own brand litter to be the most absorbent. Also a nice cozy cat bed with quite high sides. Cat nip toys.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Oh and I've bought alot of beds and none of them get used 🤣.

I did get a Teddy bear blanket from dunelm and they live in it 🤣
Old 11 Feb 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

We have 6 scratch post plus 4 cat trees for 3 cats & two sofa corner scratch guards. Plus various flat cardboard scratch mats scattered around.

We use Cats Best Original cat litter - buy online from Zooplus, Bibta,etc. Paws don’t smell of wee, it clumps so easy to clear, it does drag on their feet but not as bad as the wood pellet litter we had originally.

Food - depends on budget. We use a combo of purina Perle/Mon petit/ gourmet tins. Cat with sensitive tum on purina proplan delicate wet pouches. Dry food purina sensitive for them all. We Reduced to two wet meals per day as youngest has inflamed gums and not good with teeth cleaning.

Cats are lovely, enjoy!

Ps these are the trees we have and they are slept in overnight, during the day:

zooplus/shop/cats/...m_over_/369018

zooplus/shop/cats/..._140_cm/475504

Scratch post, quite tall for the price:

zooplus/shop/cats/...ng_posts/33681

Edited at 10:02 PM.
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
Oh and I've bought alot of beds and none of them get used 🤣.

Hahah this sounds like mine! Mine has currently decided that under the single bed in the spare room is his favourite spot to sleep! His bed is like new! 😂
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

My little boy is being assessed for autism at him and the cat have an amazing bond, we are so pleased we can keep her.

arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Cat litter- can definitely recommend wood pellets and a sieving tray. Cheap and easy to use plus no smell. And get a scoop.

Food- I raw feed our cat but I would start on some high meat content tins/pouches.
Our cat likes to eat from plates rather than bowls. Their whiskers touch the sides of bowls which they sometimes don’t like.

We have a cat tree that has scratching posts as part of it which are really good.

Then our cat loves fleece blankets and cardboard boxes to sleep/hide in.

They really don’t need much and take care of themselves as long as you feed them.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Cat servant for over 50 years.
Cardboard boxes for play & one with a blanket for sleeping in.( cat beds ignored).
Large litter tray with a hood & whichever litter they are used to ( cats are fussy about the "feel" on their feet). We have dry food always available (Sahara likes iams/james wellbeloved & purina). Mon petite pouches. Water in a huge bowl & food on plates as she hates things touching her whiskers. No plastic as risk of acne on cats chins.
We have had cats that used scratching posts & others that opted for carpet. Most used was a 4ft solid post DH made & covered with carpet( cat could stretch full height & never topple it).
Favourite toys are old make-up brushes/rolled up baby socks & anything feathered (sadly includes real birds)..
Microchip & a very solid cat carrier are essentials ( many cats escape on route to the vet) we have a fully metal carrier which is 30+ years & going strong. Cats cannot be vegan/vegetarian due to inability to make taurine without it they develop fatal heart problem but can have veg as a treat if they like, most prefer cheese. You need to check your garden for killer plants ie lillies .
Your cat will soon have you all trained to answer their every whim. Enjoy your new housemates.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Ours use Catsan litter, Purina Dry Food , whiskas pouches, and water in a big bowl ( although they seem to prefer running water out of the tap, soapy water in the bottom of the bath, water in the toilet bowl , and their personal favourite a muddy puddle with a few dead beasties in it.)
They have also totally destroyed two cat trees and have started on the third.

But they are lovely (says MrsPPM)

There is one word you can never say in front of cats... ’Dreamies’

Edited at 12:20 AM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I used Catsan but have switched to Amazon’s, lasts longer, clumps better ... and smells like baby powder. It’s expensive though.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
I got a Teddy blanket from Dunelm to use as a throw and my cats absolutely love it as well.