Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 14 Mar 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jliebnitz
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Radel View Post
Thats great news. Was your voucher guaranteed by hotelbeds
Yes, ours were guaranteed by Hotelbeds.

I was originally chasing Klook to get a refund for them but they kept stating they would let me know when they had a response from Hotelbeds. However, Klook are now not responding to my mails at all (for the last month). I've mailed them again asking them to stop trying for a refund now that Universal have said the tickets have been extended. I'm not convinced they ever did intend to chase Hotelbeds.

I'll be checking with Universal nearer the time we go to make sure that the tickets are still valid (there's a reference number on them which Universal can use to check).

Not impressed with the silence from Klook recently.
jliebnitz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jliebnitz View Post
Yes, ours were guaranteed by Hotelbeds.

I was originally chasing Klook to get a refund for them but they kept stating they would let me know when they had a response from Hotelbeds. However, Klook are now not responding to my mails at all (for the last month). I've mailed them again asking them to stop trying for a refund now that Universal have said the tickets have been extended. I'm not convinced they ever did intend to chase Hotelbeds.

I'll be checking with Universal nearer the time we go to make sure that the tickets are still valid (there's a reference number on them which Universal can use to check).

Not impressed with the silence from Klook recently.
I’ve emailed Universal Guest Services with a copy of my Klook voucher asking if 2020’s explorer ticket has been extended to 2022. If it hasn’t and in the event i can’t go in October I want to know whether I’d be eligible for a refund.

Will report back once I hear.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Radel
Chilling at Carribean Beach

I've received the following from Universal today re our 3 Park voucher from Klook which seems positive

"As 3-Park Explorer Tickets are only available to international Guests; they are only available through outside travel companies, and are not sold by Universal Orlando Resort directly. While I can confirm this ticket type has been extended due to all of the ongoing travel restrictions, these extensions are determined and applied by the travel companies, and we are currently only able to verify the new expiration date by locating the physical tickets in our system.
Regrettably, the document you provided contains vouchers that have to be exchanged for your tickets upon arrival, so I was unable to verify an expiration date.
However, regardless of what that date may be currently; please rest assured that we will be able to assist you to ensure you do not lose the value of your tickets. Once the vouchers are exchanged, if the expiration date of your tickets has already passed, you will be assisted accordingly with valid, equivalent tickets."
Radel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Radel
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Hi
We've done the same but no reply from Seaworld. How long did it take them to reply
Radel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Radel View Post
Hi
We've done the same but no reply from Seaworld. How long did it take them to reply
I got a reply the same day.
Icey is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
My reply. Despite my earlier email I’m not too impressed that they haven’t said whether they would be extended or not. If I don’t go in October then Klook would be one of the last companies I’d want to try and get a refund from.

mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Has anybody actively tried to pursue a refund from Klook or filed a section 75 claim successfully?
Old 29 Mar 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

My Disney ticket has disappeared from MDE. Called Disney they said klook cancelled my ticket on the 25th of March. I’ve not asked for it to be cancelled. I’ve sent klook a message see what they say.
Icey is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MattEzee
Gone all Goofy

I had a different experience to you all it seems - we had Universal Explorer and Seaworld/DCove passes book with them for Easter 2020. Seaworld/DCove we had refunded when they first closed last year but kept the Universal as we expected to travel this Easter.

When it became clear that we weren't going this Easter either, i replied to Klook using an email from the original discussion last year. After a prompt reply requesting proof of flight cancellation, they actioned the refund very promptly.
MattEzee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Worth knowing. I had further correspondence from universal basically saying they had extended the explorer pass expiry to January 2023 but only based on the redemption of the actual ticket and won’t act on the voucher and that I’m stuck dealing with Klook.

They never even re-issued a new voucher based on last years expiry but simply emailed advising it had been extended.