Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Mar 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

Emerald Island, nearby restaurants

Hi Dibbers

Has anyone stayed an Emerald Island and know if there are in any restaurants in walking distance?

I mean actually walkable not just close by but you have to cross a 6 line highway and alligator infested ditch?

Thanks for your help

BB

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

It is safe to exit the resort and walk along Funie Steed Road to Formosa Gardens Blvd and then up to 192. There are numerous restaurants there and it is safe to walk along 192 as well although crossing it does mean crossing 6 lanes.

The nearest restaurant is the Island Grove Winery. It is on Formosa Gardens Blvd and just under 30 minutes walk and 1 1/2 miles per Google Maps. However it is really more of a lunch place. Outback, Buffalo Wild Wings and Red Lobster are about 10 min further on the corner of 192.

All those times are from the townhouses at the front of Emerald Island though. Walking from the furthest house would easily add another 10 minutes.

IMO, there are a lot better restaurants only 5 min drive further at Sunsetwalk and Rolling Oaks. I would be driving or getting an Uber if you all want a drink.
Old 6 Mar 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

Thanks DonnaD

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Busby
Excited about Disney

We have stayed at Emerald Island 7 times and loved it for location. As Donna said previously there are plenty of places to eat along the 192 but as for walking Im not sure. We did walk back from Breakfast one day as someone else took the car back, from what I remember it was a lot further than we thought and took a while.
Busby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
It is safe to exit the resort and walk along Funie Steed Road to Formosa Gardens Blvd and then up to 192. There are numerous restaurants there and it is safe to walk along 192 as well although crossing it does mean crossing 6 lanes.

The nearest restaurant is the Island Grove Winery. It is on Formosa Gardens Blvd and just under 30 minutes walk and 1 1/2 miles per Google Maps. However it is really more of a lunch place. Outback, Buffalo Wild Wings and Red Lobster are about 10 min further on the corner of 192.

All those times are from the townhouses at the front of Emerald Island though. Walking from the furthest house would easily add another 10 minutes.

IMO, there are a lot better restaurants only 5 min drive further at Sunsetwalk and Rolling Oaks. I would be driving or getting an Uber if you all want a drink.
Donna can yo tell me if there is a crossing near the winery that would allow safe passage from Margaritaville across? We are considering renting a home at M/Ville for two weeks in November and from the aerial pic it looks like there is a side gate across from it but I cant see on the pics if there is a crossing? I know that can be a busy road and just wondered if it was possible. We passed the winery often and fancied a wee wander in to have lunch and a look.

To be fair they may not even be a side gate it may be an old pic with construction access. Its so hard to tell and its almost 18 months since we were last there so am sure loads has changed.

Thanks
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
Donna can yo tell me if there is a crossing near the winery that would allow safe passage from Margaritaville across? We are considering renting a home at M/Ville for two weeks in November and from the aerial pic it looks like there is a side gate across from it but I cant see on the pics if there is a crossing? I know that can be a busy road and just wondered if it was possible. We passed the winery often and fancied a wee wander in to have lunch and a look.

To be fair they may not even be a side gate it may be an old pic with construction access. Its so hard to tell and its almost 18 months since we were last there so am sure loads has changed.

Thanks
That is a side gate you can see. It is even a manned vehicle gate. I believe it is actually the main gate for the villas and is certainly the most convenient unless you are driving to Sunset Walk or Rolling Oaks just outside the main resort exit.

While Formosa Gardens Blvd is fairly busy it is nothing like trying to cross 192. There isn't a pedestrian crossing unless you walk down to the Funie Steed corner but there is a grass verge in the middle of the road and I wouldn't hesitate to carefully cross there.
Old 11 Mar 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

That is a side gate you can see. It is even a manned vehicle gate. I believe it is actually the main gate for the villas and is certainly the most convenient unless you are driving to Sunset Walk or Rolling Oaks just outside the main resort exit.

While Formosa Gardens Blvd is fairly busy it is nothing like trying to cross 192. There isn't a pedestrian crossing unless you walk down to the Funie Steed corner but there is a grass verge in the middle of the road and I wouldn't hesitate to carefully cross there.
Aw thank you, the cottage we are looking at is nearer that side gate for road access so it would be fab to have that. I think even the walk from it to Sunset walk is about 15 mins so best of all worlds. Found it through a vacation rental agent out there called Casiola, reviews seem to be pretty good for them so I hope its ok.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply! have a great day and I hope we get there now

Edited at 02:35 PM.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Aw thank you, the cottage we are looking at is nearer that side gate for road access so it would be fab to have that. I think even the walk from it to Sunset walk is about 15 mins so best of all worlds. Found it through a vacation rental agent out there called Casiola, reviews seem to be pretty good for them so I hope its ok.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply! have a great day and I hope we get there now
The villas are all only a few years old at most and have set furniture packages and cleaning etc through the resort. Standards should definitely be consistent and high as less dependent on individual owners than many villas. It definitely looks very appealing and pool areas etc will be much more peaceful than a Disney resort. Sunset Walk is walkable and a real plus. 2 more restaurants have opened there in the last few months.
Old 12 Mar 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

The villas are all only a few years old at most and have set furniture packages and cleaning etc through the resort. Standards should definitely be consistent and high as less dependent on individual owners than many villas. It definitely looks very appealing and pool areas etc will be much more peaceful than a Disney resort. Sunset Walk is walkable and a real plus. 2 more restaurants have opened there in the last few months.

I must admit I am loving to look of the Drag brunch at Estefans! It just looks like a fun place to stay and for myself and my husband will be brilliant.
Old 12 Mar 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I must admit I am loving to look of the Drag brunch at Estefans! It just looks like a fun place to stay and for myself and my husband will be brilliant.
I really liked Estefan's. It is a great addition to the area.