Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 6 Mar 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sijen
Very Serious Dibber

sijen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Springs and Manatees

We are hoping to head over next March all being well... , me and DH and 2 grown up kids. We love to drive off exploring and have been to so many places. Last time we went to one of the springs... can't remember the name! Manatees head there and I wonder if they might be still there in March? Also will it be warm enough to go for a dip ? Never been this time of year...

Thanks in advance xxx
Old 6 Mar 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Was it Blue Springs
We’ve been swimming with manatees twice on the st Johns river in March we had wet suits on and needed them and both were exceptionally warm days
There is another thread right now about beyond the parks some amazing suggestions on there or look at Florida on a tankful for some great things to do
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Blue Springs is the Manatee refuge. We have seen them in March in the Springs it depends on how cold the sea water is during the winter as to how long they stay there.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

They do swimming with Manatees at Crystal Springs
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lesley1960 View Post
They do swimming with Manatees at Crystal Springs
We've done this, was very enjoyable.
bella9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
We have swam at crystal springs, once with a tour - very good
and once with a kayak - you just tie them up and go for a swim
1st time I would recommend a small tour boat that holds 8 people max
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sijen
Very Serious Dibber

sijen's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks all. Think it might be Blue Springs. So wetsuit needed. Thanks again xxx
Old 7 Mar 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Crystal River, Fun2Dive VIP tour (max I think of 6 people?) was amazing and I’d highly recommend the company. Wetsuits, drinks, snacks, photos on a memory stick were all included. We did it one Easter time so fairly late in the season, but it was an unforgettable experience. I’d love to return one day 🤞.
tigger48 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sijen
Very Serious Dibber

sijen's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
Crystal River, Fun2Dive VIP tour (max I think of 6 people?) was amazing and I’d highly recommend the company. Wetsuits, drinks, snacks, photos on a memory stick were all included. We did it one Easter time so fairly late in the season, but it was an unforgettable experience. I’d love to return one day 🤞.
Wow! Sounds amazing! Thank you ! Just had a look and its just what we want! Xxx
Old 22 Mar 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
We’ve used Fun2Dive too. Can highly recommend. We did April 1st some years ago (I remember the date as it involved an April Fools joke!). I hate swimming in cold water but with the wetsuits, it felt fine.

Edited at 07:01 PM.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List