Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Mar 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Outdoor pizza oven

Thinking of buying one for DH birthday next month as we've really enjoyed outdoor dining during last year's lockdowns.

Any recommendations for newbies?

Ideally want something portable, if possible, so we can put away each time.

Are they electric or something else?

No idea where to start. Daft question alert - can you use shop bought pizza on them? I've searched on here for pizza ovens and all the talk is about getting the dough right. Happy to make own sometimes as we do it that now but also interested in convenience options 🤔
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

We got my son in law an ooni for his 40th birthday. Best present ever. He loves it. He can use wood chips or gas canister on his. He usually makes his own dough.
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The Ooni ones are meant to be decent.
Old 9 Mar 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

We've got an Ooni. Its very portable - we've taken it to friend's houses. We have the wood pellet one. A friend has the gas one which is also very good.
Old 9 Mar 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a Roccbox and love it. You can use it with gas or wood (comes with both attachments). We had a built pizza oven before but it didn’t survive the frost. We did love the pizzas though so needed a replacement. The Roccbox works really well and is very quick to heat up.
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

I have a ooni but it’s one of the earlier models which run on wood pellets it was ok but I always struggled keeping it up to temperature. I now have a Roccbox which is gas (can run on wood as well) it’s better made than the Ooni it’s insulated so keeps the temperature better and easy to put away after use. The cover goes over the top and has a handle so you can carry it you just fold up the legs. Sunday nights are pizza night I prep the dough on the morning and it takes me half an hour to knock out seven pizzas. Just bought a mixer and some tins to try New York and Detroit style doughs.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rding View Post
Just bought a mixer and some tins to try New York and Detroit style doughs.
Sorry, off topic, but what tins did you get? I’ve not been able to find anything that would withstand the temperature as it’s hotter than a normal oven
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
alp1972
VIP Dibber

alp1972's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi we have an Ooni and love it used it loads over the summer , really nice when having friends round as its very sociable .

2023: Cabana Bay & Portofino Bay 2022: Caribbean Beach Resort / Portofino Bay / Cabana Bay 2020: Coronado Springs/Portofino 2019: Cabana Bay2017: Coronado Springs & Cabana Bay
2016: New York 2015: LBV Resort and Spa & Portofino Bay 2012: LBV Resort and Spa 2010: San Francisco, Las Vegas and St Lucia, Honeymoon
alp1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rding View Post
I have a ooni but it’s one of the earlier models which run on wood pellets it was ok but I always struggled keeping it up to temperature. I now have a Roccbox which is gas (can run on wood as well) it’s better made than the Ooni it’s insulated so keeps the temperature better and easy to put away after use. The cover goes over the top and has a handle so you can carry it you just fold up the legs. Sunday nights are pizza night I prep the dough on the morning and it takes me half an hour to knock out seven pizzas. Just bought a mixer and some tins to try New York and Detroit style doughs.

Thank you everyone for replies 👍

Would you mind posting a link to the one you have? Sounds great.

Also, can you use shop bought pizza - anyone?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

eu.gozney/products/roccb...IaAqp3EALw_wcB
This is the one we have. Think it was more expensive than the Ooni but the reviews were very good so I went for this type. So happy with it.
I have no idea about shop bought pizza in it as we’ve never tried. I’m sure if you buy one though you’ll be trying your own dough soon enough - my DH uses Jamie Oliver’s recipe