Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Mar 21, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Awesome!

You definitely love it.

This is the dough recipe we use.

Our first one is always rubbish but the rest are usually OK 🍕

ooni/blogs/recipes/classic-pizza-dough
Thanks! I copied you and went for the green too. I think I’ve got a few weeks until it’s due to arrive so will be dreaming of tasty pizzas until then!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
Thanks! I copied you and went for the green too. I think I’ve got a few weeks until it’s due to arrive so will be dreaming of tasty pizzas until then!
Ha!

We got it at the start of lockdown last year and I think it was the last one for sale in the country.

After several weeks of research DH had finally decided on the Roccbox and as I was googling recipes I saw a 5 week old post by a local-ish posh farm shop so we phoned them and they had just put their last one out on display.

Queue frantic celebrations and a trip to said garden centre.

They also had various accessories so we posted that in a couple of Facebook groups and they sold within minutes!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
Well, this is the most expensive thread I’ve ever read, have just ordered myself the Roccbox, thanks OP 😂
Great choice 👍
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Someone should be on commission - I've just bought a green Roccbox too!
Old 13 Mar 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by srh View Post
Someone should be on commission - I've just bought a green Roccbox too!
Turns out this is a dangerous thread to read 🤣
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I'm still hesitating. I'm over the shop bought pizza now. I think we'd use most weekends with some planning.

Think I want to buy one again but price is putting me off. I originally thought £300 for Ooni would be ok but worried it's not the right one but the works with Roccbox at £500 is a bit too much 🤔
I think we need multi fuel.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
I'm still hesitating. I'm over the shop bought pizza now. I think we'd use most weekends with some planning.

Think I want to buy one again but price is putting me off. I originally thought £300 for Ooni would be ok but worried it's not the right one but the works with Roccbox at £500 is a bit too much 🤔
I think we need multi fuel.
They all make great pizza, so go with what fits your price point. We think our wood pellet Ooni pizza tastes better than the gas one, but our friend who owns the gas Ooni says we're imagining it
Old 14 Mar 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
charleigh08
Very Serious Dibber

Never should have read this, I have now ordered one as well, as well as the pizza flipper thing. Along with 60 dough ball pizza bases from Amazon thought I will give them a go first. It will be here in approx 15 days. I was watching Saturday Kitchen with James Martin yesterday and he had one in his garden, so if he is endorsing it must be good.

Anyone want to share any pizza recipes ?...
charleigh08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
charleigh08
Very Serious Dibber

Quick question on Roccbox, do you literally put the pizza on the stone in the oven or do you put in a pan first then put in oven ?
charleigh08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

You put the pizza on the stone. That’s the idea as the heat cooks it direct.

I have a Koda16. Some simple steps.

1. Use the pizza app for your dough. It’s simple and quick to make.
2. Mutti pizza sauce is really good if you don’t want to make fresh.
3. Use fior d Latte cheese (mozzarella). It’s a lot drier than the normal stuff and not much difference in price. Bookers do a block at a reasonable price.