Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Mar 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterfly
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you both so much.

Looking at the map it is probably a shuttle to seaworld and maybe walking distance to aquatics?
CBR 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2023
flutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Originally Posted by flutterfly View Post
I was looking at this one today. Working through the list everyone has so kindly posted.

It looks great - have you stayed there? What is the area like?
Any shuttles?

Thanks a million 😊
Yes, we have stayed there. Since staying there it has had a refurb in the apartments. There are shuttle buses to the parks and they are also a Seaworld affiliated hotel so you can get fast passes free. ( Don't know if this is just for one day or more). The pool area is lovely with plenty of sunbeds. Also a Benihana restaurant next to their car park. Find out if resort fees are included.
Also stayed at Residence inn at Seaworld. This is lovely and had a complete refurbishment. Includes a breakfast. I think this is a Seaworld affiliated hotel too. No resort fees but they do charge for parking now.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Originally Posted by flutterfly View Post
Hi everyone,

I think it will be off-site for us next year.

Would anyone have a recommendation for a property near seaworld?

Either a hotel room or suite. Not villa or condo.

Preferred walking distance to Seaworld and if possible, some casual restaurants - Golden Corral, Perkins etc.

Won't have a car.

Prefer three beds to avoid sibling sharing. Sofa bed or pull out bed fine for younger daughter.

Probably asking too much and don't know the area at all.

Thank you x
Did you decide on any hotels yet or narrow down the shortlist?
Arsenal8 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ClareO
slightly serious Dibber

ClareO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I appreciate you may have discounted the Rennaisance but I just wanted to mention that we had a corner junior suite and asked for a put up bed so we had 3 beds. The bed was comfortable enough for DD. Loved this hotel so much that we are going back hopefully 🙏🏻
ClareO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClareO View Post
I appreciate you may have discounted the Rennaisance but I just wanted to mention that we had a corner junior suite and asked for a put up bed so we had 3 beds. The bed was comfortable enough for DD. Loved this hotel so much that we are going back hopefully 🙏🏻
It's gorgeous isn't it, sadly the price for us has gone up too much, we used to stay for 4 weeks every December for under 3K,they now want over 6K 😳
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Originally Posted by ClareO View Post
I do like the hotel and have stayed there, I just wish that that it didn’t have such a high resort fee and high nightly parking charge. I know that lots of hotels do it but it just annoys me and puts me off
Arsenal8 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
As you can see we’ve stayed at the Doubletree look ads and absolutely loved ce it, the service, the vibe of the place and the location is fab , looking forward to visiting again this October fingers crossed 🤞

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

Another vote for the Renaissance - it’s our first choice for doing Seaworld, it’s so close - & we had a suite when we went at Christmas/new year 2019/2020 - fantastic corner room with panorama views
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ClareO
slightly serious Dibber

ClareO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Yes- those resort fees and parking costs do rack up. That said, if something is not to standard it's often the first thing they waiver. They didn't empty out bins one night and we mentioned it and they refunded the resort fee. I feel if I'm paying for a service it has to deliver at that price!
ClareO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Get your note book out again! .

We have booked for a 2 bed at Sheraton Vistana Villages which is just opposite the road from Floridays resort. Both look great an have brilliant access to I-drive/publix and other central attractions.

Definitely check out the above ones xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List