Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Mar 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Universal Dining Plan

Hi there, as anyone used any of the Universal dining plans and are they worth the money?
Trying to consider if it’s a worthwhile option or not, or is it better to just pay as you go so to speak.
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We’ve used the quick service version a few times. It doesn’t really save you money but it’s handy if you like to buy things in advance which I do. They are non expiry. I have credits left over which I can use next time. The table service dining plan I believe can only be purchased if staying at a Universal hotel that you’ve booked through Universal. I have pics of the quick service plan in my food reports in my signature below.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Thank for that, very useful. It is nice to pay in advance as you say and spread the cost of the holiday
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve used the quick service one and have previously managed to get it but one get one half price with our Annual Passes. That was obviously good value however the normal price isn’t really unless you buy from the most expensive places, mainly the Harry Potter restaurants where food is expensive.
We’re not huge fans of Universal quick service though and tend to pop out to Citywalk for lunch.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
One thing to note. You can’t use the dining plan to place a mobile order which is a shame.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I’ve used it a couple times. Didn’t save that much money, you also don’t get anything like the variety of the food you get ta disney
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I priced it up and unless everyone ordeed the most expensive items then it wasnt value for money for us, instead im getting an annaul pass and using that discount instead.
Old 19 Mar 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

One way of saving money if you have kids with you is buy the kids plan which includes the freestyle drink. Found it better value for money than paying separately.

Its much harder to win on the adults plan but it is possible if you buy the most expensive stuff.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We only get it when it’s on offer with annual passes.

Otherwise you’re better to calculate the cost of the meal you’re buying and buy the plan at the till first if it’s worthwhile. I think this only really applies to the HP restaurants.

There’s a guide online somewhere with costs that shows which locations have meals that make it cost effective.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I didn’t know you could get AP discount on the dining plans sometimes. Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone have an idea of when in the year they do this offer (or is it random) and how you find out about it?
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List