Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Mar 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
To try and side step the discrimination discussion (not to ignore), to add to a previous point - Disney still need to fall into line with Florida State Law. Then they also need to comply with County legislation... and as WDW crosses several, you may have noticed, for example, that tax on purchases fluctuates within the park.

So if Florida state law says "No masks", Disney cannot enforce it. I doubt that will happen unfortunately/fortunately - I firmly believe Florida State will say from the end of the year that masks are now optional both in and outdoors. Before the end of the year, they will be optional outdoors and required indoors.

Purely my own opinion based upon quotes seen on CNN etc and from Disney - nothing concrete has been said by anyone on specific dates... how could anyone at the moment? Maybe in May?

I would of thought Disney could impose any dress standards they choose as long as it doesn't discriminate (lets pretends its not an issue for the sake of this). So if Florida said no mask mandate - it wouldn't actually stop Disney asking people to wear a mask.

The thing is - if CDC guidelines changes and the state had no mask mandate - I absolutely would then say to ask people to wear a mask is discriminating as the health defence wouldn't stand up if CDC said it wasn't needed.

Edited at 04:08 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
I’m sorry but we have a disabled daughter with multiple ‘hidden’ disabilities. We don’t feel she’s being discriminated against - we feel Disney is doing all they can to keep everyone safe. Are we gutted we can’t go while masks are needed? Absolutely. Do we understand that this is a requirement due to unprecedented times and a global pandemic? Absolutely.
You don't have to be sorry - you and your daughter are entitled to your opinions. The disabled people I know disagree. Its okay to disagree - one opinion doesn't out rule another.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

To try and side step the discrimination discussion (not to ignore), to add to a previous point - Disney still need to fall into line with Florida State Law. Then they also need to comply with County legislation... and as WDW crosses several, you may have noticed, for example, that tax on purchases fluctuates within the park.

So if Florida state law says "No masks", Disney cannot enforce it. I doubt that will happen unfortunately/fortunately - I firmly believe Florida State will say from the end of the year that masks are now optional both in and outdoors. Before the end of the year, they will be optional outdoors and required indoors.

Purely my own opinion based upon quotes seen on CNN etc and from Disney - nothing concrete has been said by anyone on specific dates... how could anyone at the moment? Maybe in May?
One major problem with your argument. There has never been a state wide mask mandate in Florida! Governor DeSantis has even removed the ability of counties, cities etc. to penalize anyone for not obeying local mask mandates. Even Orange County never has required them in any outside areas. The rules at Disney were negotiated between the company, Orange County officials and the unions to allow them to safely reopen. They are not "law" now so there is no real reason to believe Disney will be forced to change their rules by any external authority. Many guests including my family only feel comfortable going because they ARE enforcing their mask etc policies. They are walking a fine line between being open and being safe and suggestions the majority want the rules changed is wrong IMO.
Old 30 Mar 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Does it ?
Can you quote specific examples of this ?
Sorry Duchy - that was a poor post from me. To clarify, it's across WDW that you may see a Sales tax difference due to which county the resort is in.

Most of the Walt Disney World Resort is in Orange County, Florida which has a tax rate of 6.5% while the most southern Resort hotels and venues are in Osceola County, Florida which has a 7.5% tax rate.

The Florida state sales tax rate is currently 6%. The Osceola County sales tax rate is 1.5%. The Orange County sales tax rate is 0.5%.

So, places like All Star Resort, and would you believe, "parts" of Animal Kingdom are in Osceola County and Disney Springs is in Orange County.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Sorry Duchy - that was a poor post from me. To clarify, it's across WDW that you may see a Sales tax difference due to which county the resort is in.

Most of the Walt Disney World Resort is in Orange County, Florida which has a tax rate of 6.5% while the most southern Resort hotels and venues are in Osceola County, Florida which has a 7.5% tax rate.

The Florida state sales tax rate is currently 6%. The Osceola County sales tax rate is 1.5%. The Orange County sales tax rate is 0.5%.

So, places like All Star Resort, and would you believe, "parts" of Animal Kingdom are in Osceola County and Disney Springs is in Orange County.
And this is part of the reason people's suggestion that price tags should include the sales tax is never going to happen. The logistics for chains would be a nightmare.

Osceola voters approved an increase a few years ago specifically to go to school infrastructure projects. There are actually published lists showing how each school has spent the money.