Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Mar 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I loved Sweet Tomatoes but I must admit I never found eating well in US a too much of an issue, there are usually vegetables on a menu somewhere and they will endlessly customize things for you. We love their variety of places and types of food to eat. Panera Bread does lovely soup and we found a really nice place called Holler and Dash that does really tasty breakfast stuff. I tend to order fruit as the side with breakfasts and a Publix has got fantastic fresh produce too, maybe it’s easier as we tend to self cater but I genuinely don’t find eating well, and not fried greasy fast food, too difficult
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
For anyone going to Vineland Outlets Greenbeat is a very good alternative to Sweet Tomatoes. They are opening one near Universal later in the year.

media.wix/ugd/bca38b_f34...0590cb3798.pdf
that looks great! Going on the list for sure!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Panera also does some lovely soups and salads, although they don't do a "mix and match/pick your own" salad
Old 20 Mar 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
I loved Sweet Tomatoes but I must admit I never found eating well in US a too much of an issue, there are usually vegetables on a menu somewhere and they will endlessly customize things for you. We love their variety of places and types of food to eat. Panera Bread does lovely soup and we found a really nice place called Holler and Dash that does really tasty breakfast stuff. I tend to order fruit as the side with breakfasts and a Publix has got fantastic fresh produce too, maybe it’s easier as we tend to self cater but I genuinely don’t find eating well, and not fried greasy fast food, too difficult
Loved the food at Holler and Dash, it never got mentioned on here. Sadly it is opening under another name, a subsiduary of Cracker Barrel hope it is as tasty!
Old 20 Mar 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Great to hear some mentions of Panera Bread on here, have often wondered what they are like, they never seem to be on any Dibbers recommendations.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Was also going to suggest Panera Bread. It’s not all you can eat like ST, but a salad and a soup or sandwich is plenty. The bear claw in there is monumental too
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We love Panera bread, nice food something a bit different
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

Hi Guys,

Our whole family is so gutted about sweet tomatoes, I think in 2019 we must have gone 15 times (we were there 3 months). I have a fussy daughter but she had some dishes that she liked including their chilli and she likes raw spinach...

At the Mall at Millenia Bistro Sensations in the food court make a really nice salad, they make it but you choose it.

As well as Panera Pubix have a nice fresh soup selection, chicken and wild rice is really nice.

At a very different price point to Sweet Toms but Seasons 52 for a top end meal that is balanced and healthy. Everything on the menu has calories and you can usually have 3 courses for 1200 calories. They have flat breads to start which are super thin and crispy and the mains are proper meals with great fishes dishes and complete meals - not just meat and 2 sides but everything works together. The desserts are amazing but come in shot glasses so are small. You leave feeling satisfied but not stuffed. No fries on the menu!

If I get a burger in Florida I try and swap the fries for salad or vegis. I always seem to have a better holiday overall if I get the salad and vegis in!

Jonathan

---
46 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Loved the food at Holler and Dash, it never got mentioned on here. Sadly it is opening under another name, a subsiduary of Cracker Barrel hope it is as tasty!
I believe it always was a part of Crackel Barrel. It is really just a rebrand to Maple St Biscuit Company. It still has the same items but with a much expanded menu now. You won't be disappointed. They had a long line outside when I drove past yesterday so must still be doing something right.
Old 20 Mar 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I believe it always was a part of Crackel Barrel. It is really just a rebrand to Maple St Biscuit Company. It still has the same items but with a much expanded menu now. You won't be disappointed. They had a long line outside when I drove past yesterday so must still be doing something right.
Thanks. Can't wait to get back.