Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Mar 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
For me it’s the shows. I like most rides but I absolutely love the lion king and Nemo, plus always see Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast etc. As far as I am aware these are not currently on, that’s my deal breaker. Thats why we will do US - not much emphasis on shows.
I love the lion king show - DH hates it. Last time we went and saw the Indiana Jones show for the 4th time, we said we wouldn’t do it again.
So don’t think shows are a deal breaker for us.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tolton
slightly serious Dibber

It’s an interesting one and you’ve posed the Q well.

To be honest we couldn’t care less about additional impositions such as masks, as we’ve been wearing them as soon as we leave the house (myself, DW and DS) since the pandemic all kicked off. Managed to get away last Summer and wore them in 90+ degree temps. Ideal, no...bearable, yes for us at least, appreciate everyone is different.

Also regarding the “lesser” experience, sure it’ll be difference but we’re very much of the mindset that we love Orlando in all guises so we’ll make the most of it and have a great time.

I don’t think in anyway you’ll be disappointed with your holiday, the attractions and experiences that are open will be amazing, it may be an adaptation to what Orlando was like pre-pandemic but getting there is a whole load better than not.

I’m sure folk will be along to tell me I’m wrong shortly and that is absolutely their prerogative, so more power to them, but we as a family are of the mindset that any Orlando holiday is better than no Orlando holiday and we can’t wait to get back out there as soon as we’re allowed.
tolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I love the lion king show - DH hates it. Last time we went and saw the Indiana Jones show for the 4th time, we said we wouldn’t do it again.
So don’t think shows are a deal breaker for us.
Yes my boys would probably agree with that! It’s also that when the thousands of people that would be sitting in shows are then milling around the park or in queues too...it must feel even busier.
babbymint is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
fun2behad
Excited about Disney

fun2behad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Suggest watching a couple of recent videos posted by WDW vloggers such as The Tim Tracker as they are in the parks constantly and report on the current experience, and what could change in the near future. For example, Tim Tracker talks about current weight times for rides, lack of fireworks, etc.
fun2behad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Water parks need to be open for us.
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I think one thing people should factor in is the distinct change in atmosphere which has been mentioned by some first hand accounts.

COVID has made everything more difficult. Combine the wearing of masks, with the heat, long days, tired feet and then throw into the mix social distancing. You end up with a pretty on edge environment. I felt it last year while visiting Theme Parks in the UK.

You try and keep your distance from the people in front while having people behind you invading your space and not keeping distance. I even had people tutting at me that I wasn't closing the gaps and comments made under breaths which make you feel even more low.

And I know this is happening over in the Disney parks because of first hand accounts by people there. I just think people need to consider that as well as the other things mentioned.

You will be spending thousands for a reduced experience in a place that possibly isn't going to feel all the magical. And when you strip away the "magic" of Disney - your left with a pretty average Amusement Park for a very high price.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fun2behad View Post
Suggest watching a couple of recent videos posted by WDW vloggers such as The Tim Tracker as they are in the parks constantly and report on the current experience, and what could change in the near future. For example, Tim Tracker talks about current weight times for rides, lack of fireworks, etc.
Personally I feel watching the vloggers is only so helpful. I am not always convinced they are giving a unbiased or normal guest view point of the parks. It doesn't serve them well to produce a video doing down the Theme Park experience. The whole point of them is promotion and to get you excited to keep watching.

I haven't watched the Tim Tracker Family Channel (not happy with some of their videos from the past) in a while but I have watched others that seem to paper over the cracks you find reported on various forums.

Edited at 11:14 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

No FPs until these return we will not be back.
No character meet and greets that is always a big part of our trips.
No parades\shows or fireworks.
No free dining.
Some restaurants closed.
Fauci says masks will in use until 2022 probably because kids will not be vaccinated until then.
My feeling is that a lot of these things will not return until kids are vaccinated.
All for a small fortune for a family of 4 so we will just wait it out.

Edited at 05:40 PM.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Personally it would be wearing masks constantly and long queues with no fp
Old 20 Mar 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The issue is that these are all in place now. I’m not basing my holiday plans on that when we don’t go for 6 months.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List