Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Mar 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
We're due to fly into TPA in a couple of weeks time - what could possibly go wrong? We would have got to Highgate without seeing this famous plaza

Mick
Bet you have been dying to post that picture again
Have your Tampa flights been cancelled yet
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another bit of bedtime reading sashadog

Details of toll roads in Florida - you'll see there's a few that are cashless but don't worry. All hire cars are enabled to automatically enrol to their toll pass scheme. If you find a transponder in an Avis car don't worry if it's on or off. Driving through a plaza without stopping will enable it.

sunpass/en/about/whe...eSunPass.shtml

Open "traveller information" then "rental vehicles" will show what they charge. Apart from Avis which is a year or more out of date. Probably double what they say. Both Andy at DFCH and myself have emailed the toll pass authority asking them to up date but failed

Mick
Old 22 Mar 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Geordie boy 57 View Post
Bet you have been dying to post that picture again
Have your Tampa flights been cancelled yet
BA cancelled by email at 16.21 on Saturday 20th Feb, 2 minutes to find the refund phone number, 16 minutes on the phone, email confirming cancellation within minutes of hanging up. Refund showing on my CC app at breakfast time Monday 22nd Feb.

You can tell I'm desperate to post about driving again.

Mick
Old 22 Mar 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
BA cancelled by email at 16.21 on Saturday 20th Feb, 2 minutes to find the refund phone number, 16 minutes on the phone, email confirming cancellation within minutes of hanging up. Refund showing on my CC app at breakfast time Monday 22nd Feb.

You can tell I'm desperate to post about driving again.

Mick
So when is your next trip planned for
I’ve just booked a Villa on Highgrove for 3 weeks at Christmas/ New Year 2023 as I retire that summer so planning on a month at least in Florida
DW needed something to look cheer her up
We got hit bad by Covid in Feb
Lost MIL to it, Wife and I had moderate symptoms but we still get short of breath now if we walk to far
Son 42 ended up in hospital for 2 weeks with blood clots but is out now and recovering
DW AND I will probably go at some point in 2022 but 2023 is big one with all the family
Hopefully this year our Norfolk broads in July should be ok but still not sure if our October trip to Cape Verde will go ahead
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
So when is your next trip planned for
I’ve just booked a Villa on Highgrove for 3 weeks at Christmas/ New Year 2023 as I retire that summer so planning on a month at least in Florida
DW needed something to look cheer her up
We got hit bad by Covid in Feb
Lost MIL to it, Wife and I had moderate symptoms but we still get short of breath now if we walk to far
Son 42 ended up in hospital for 2 weeks with blood clots but is out now and recovering
DW AND I will probably go at some point in 2022 but 2023 is big one with all the family
Hopefully this year our Norfolk broads in July should be ok but still not sure if our October trip to Cape Verde will go ahead
Sorry to hear GB that you had some bad Covid experiences especially losing your MIL but glad that your son is improving.

We've been very lucky and had no symptoms at all. We had our first armful of Pfizer about 7 weeks ago so expect the next one soon. Our daughter in Essex was due to spend Christmas with us but if you recall they banned the three family thing a few days before. Then she was tested positive on Christmas Day so glad that visits were cancelled really. Next trip Nov 2021 for usual 4 weeks and we're reasonably confident.

Stay safe
Mick
Old 22 Mar 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Apologies for a little self-promotion but I have added a few bits over the years to the DIBB driving in Florida guide.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Dri...-USA-p-84.html

Never spent a single night in a WDW nor visited a park since 2010 but I do drive a bit.

Mick

PS also desperate to start posting photos of toll plazas again
Nothing wrong with self promotion Mick
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
Glad you got through it ok Mick
I had my first jab on Friday 19th should have had it sooner but you have to wait 28 days after testing positive to have it
I tested positive on 15th Feb
Only good thing is I applied to take part in Convalescent plasma trials and sent a blood sample off
Apparently I’m swimming with antibodies and booked to donate blood next week
Old 22 Mar 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Glad you got through it ok Mick
I had my first jab on Friday 19th should have had it sooner but you have to wait 28 days after testing positive to have it
I tested positive on 15th Feb
Only good thing is I applied to take part in Convalescent plasma trials and sent a blood sample off
Apparently I’m swimming with antibodies and booked to donate blood next week
Our daughter also signed up for the plasma donation stuff but couldn't do because of her veins. Don't know the medical details though.

Mick
Old 22 Mar 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sashadog
Imagineer

Oh thanks mick! This is just what I need I’ll be reading through multiple times before I go 😂
sashadog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We're due to fly into TPA in a couple of weeks time - what could possibly go wrong? We would have got to Highgate without seeing this famous plaza

Mick
I recognise that picture! Can’t think where I have seen it before...

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List