Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 26 Mar 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
daves13
Getting Excited

Tyres!
daves13 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Firstxmastrip View Post
thanks so much!
Just realised that I never got back to you, I am so sorry!
When we got in there they had the perfect sun loungers that we wanted and they were going like hot cakes so we grabbed a flat trolley and bought two quickly. I never even got chance to go near the Coke or Pepsi.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I've never been in a Costco, I thought they were a cash n carry type thing for businesses like Makro was in the 80's rather than a shop as such. Can you just turn up and go in? Or do you have to be a member? Is it free?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Just realised that I never got back to you, I am so sorry!
When we got in there they had the perfect sun loungers that we wanted and they were going like hot cakes so we grabbed a flat trolley and bought two quickly. I never even got chance to go near the Coke or Pepsi.
ahh no worries! my hubby has agreed to go next week lol hopefully you can enjoy your sun loungers with the nice weather we have been promised!
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
I've never been in a Costco, I thought they were a cash n carry type thing for businesses like Makro was in the 80's rather than a shop as such. Can you just turn up and go in? Or do you have to be a member? Is it free?
There's a selections of professions that can get membership, it was about £30 a year. Call them about membership. I got one when I worked in admin for SSE, so not exactly sure what their criteria is.

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

if anyone goes to costco sometime soon, can you keep an eye out to see if they have any of the kirkland fizzy water cans in stock? its usually 36 cans of all three flavours for around a tenner, but the last two times i've been to the derby store, they've not had them in stock. i'm beginning to worry that theyve discontinued them
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
General purchases;
Toilet Rolls
Cat Litter
Cooked Chicken
Dishwasher Tablets (when the deal is right)
Golf Balls
Honey
Muffins, Brownies or Scones (i.e. not all at the same time)
Lemons, Ginger & Apples (mainly for juicing)
Potatoes (Roosters)
Hot Dog with Soda

We also buy other stuff as and when it is required and at the right price.
Old 29 Mar 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post

if anyone goes to costco sometime soon, can you keep an eye out to see if they have any of the kirkland fizzy water cans in stock? its usually 36 cans of all three flavours for around a tenner, but the last two times i've been to the derby store, they've not had them in stock. i'm beginning to worry that theyve discontinued them
I'm going tonight to Gateshead so will keep an eye out, but there is a group on facebook (called Costco appreciation UK) where you could ask – staff from the various stores are in the group too!
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post

I got them from Leeds about 3 weeks ago.
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Listed below is the current requirement to be an individual member.

costco/membership

How do I qualify for Individual Membership?

Costco offers Individual Membership to current or retired employees of select employment groups or professions.
Membership is available to individuals over the age of 18 years who meet one of the following requirements:

Qualifying Employment Groups
Current or Retired Employee of:

Banking / Finance
Local Government
Fire / Rescue Service
Post Office
Airlines
Education
Police Force
Civil Service / Armed Forces
Medical / Health Service
Insurance

OR

Qualified as:

Qualified / Certified / Chartered Accountant
Chartered Architect
Doctors (MD) / Dentist / Optician / Pharmacist
Chartered Surveyor
Solicitor / Barrister / Magistrate / Advocate
Chartered Engineer / Civil etc

OR

Current or Retired employees of a UK or USA Gold Company.

You may qualify as a current or retired employee of one of the many UK or USA Gold Companies. Please contact either Central Membership on 01923 830477 (email: warehousememberservices@costco.co.uk) or your local warehouse to confirm whether the company you currently work for or have retired from is a registered Gold Card Company.

OR

Pre Approved Membership

You are a current or retired employee of an approved company that has been preapproved and an agreement has been arranged between your company and Costco Wholesale UK Limited

You can so get a Trade membership for certain trades as well.

Edited at 08:26 AM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List