Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 24 Mar 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Question How late would you leave it to buy tickets?

We're going to Orlando in September (yes - we ARE going... totally optimistic about that) and our balance is due in July.

When would you fully buy your Disney tickets given theme park reservations etc?

Previous visits we've obviously never had to worry about this.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

Edited at 11:01 AM.
khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve bought ours for our December trip. Bought from attraction tickets and paid the extra for guaranteed refund. We’ve booked our park days too. Nothing to lose that way.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
rnewman1
Earning More Ears

I am due to go in October and keep checking the availability calendar, should days start to go yellow with some parks are maxed out ill buy tickets in order to secure remaining days.

I dont know if you can buy tickets, reserve days (link tickets) and then return should you need to... e.g. once you link the tickets you are committed.

I will be buying via BA and once you add them to your booking you get the tickets (digital ref) straight away but you cannot return them.

I think tickets where you have the option to return / pay balance later you dont actually get the tickets till nearer the time anyway.
rnewman1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hangfire
Getting Excited

I was thinking the same thing actually about my trip booked for Jan 2022... have paid for flight and villa but not bought tickets yet. Like others I check reservation calendar from time to time to see what capacity looks like.

Obviously Jan - Feb of next year is completely green at the moment. I'm probably going to buy my tickets about 6 months out and then reserve then as it seemed a decent amount of time to secure park days.

There is certainly a difference between buying tickets and reserving days since your tickets aren't officially activated until you start to visit the parks. So, no problem in returning/changing your tickets even if you've linked and reserved days as far as I understand.
Old 24 Mar 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Can confirm that there is no problem returning tickets if they’re linked. Once you cancel the reservation the park bookings drop off. I returned linked tickets last year to attraction tickets no problem and got a refund and credit on my account for the Ł200 deposit as I hadn’t taken out the protection. I ordered and paid for my tickets 2 weeks ago and real tickets arrived the following day. They also emailed me the code on the day I bought them. Great service
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Im not buying any tickets until I see those aeroplanes jetting off
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
We're going to Orlando in September (yes - we ARE going... totally optimistic about that) and our balance is due in July.

When would you fully buy your Disney tickets given theme park reservations etc?

Previous visits we've obviously never had to worry about this.

I guess it somewhat depends on how sure you are you will be going.
  • If you think that, yup, you'll definitely be going then buy your Disney tickets as soon as you have the money to buy them.
  • If you think there's a small chance you might not be able to go, then wait until a little closer to the time. For September, I'd suggest getting them in June (so 3 months beforehand).
  • If you think there's a large-ish chance you might not go, then wait until as late as you can or until it becomes clear whether you can go or or not. If your balance is due in July then wait until then.
However, if you buy your tickets from somewhere like AttractionTickets.com then you get free COVID cancellation cover. They say they'll provide a full refund if you can't go. So, in this case, there should be no problem buying them whenever you want - you could buy them now.

Personally, if it was me, I would probably wait until early June before buying them. We should also know a little more about whether travel to the USA is allowed by then as well.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Bit the bullet. Bought them from Attraction Tickets with the money back guarantee.

It wasn't the free Star Wars Magic Band at all... honest!

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Craftylee
Helping Mickey

I'm in the same boat as the OP.. booked to go in Sept and also wondering when to buy them. I'll also defo be buying them from attractiontickets/ due to the COVID cover, I think I'll wait til June and see how the landscape is looking for travel then
Craftylee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

i was wondering the same but as our balance isn't due until June and we only want to go to Epcot, i'm going to wait it out until then

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List