Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Apr 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Premier Inn and 16 year olds

We have always used Premier Inns, I don't think they can be beaten. But now one of my kids is 16.
Premier says they cant be counted as a child so cant be in with me and DH. So he would need a room on his own, and I would keep the other with me. I just don't feel comfortable leaving him in a room on his own in a hotel.
Do others have the same issue?

Strangely although Premier consider him an adult, they don't let 16s stay without a parent - which makes no sense!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We will also have this issue soon. Interested to know what others do.
Old 1 Apr 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I know this is very naughty but DS shared our PI room until he was well into his 20's. I just used to check in on my own. They never questioned it. The only problem is if you want to have the meal deal as kids eat free, but we just paid oop for him. It wasn't just a question of cost but we just wanted to stay together.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

My Son is 23 and still put him down as a child, I’m sure the ones that are at the airport are digital check in anyway, the one at Manchester is.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
I know this is very naughty but DS shared our PI room until he was well into his 20's. I just used to check in on my own. They never questioned it. The only problem is if you want to have the meal deal as kids eat free, but we just paid oop for him. It wasn't just a question of cost but we just wanted to stay together.
This is what I'm tempted to do. Obs there is a cost, but really it is more about his safety and security (and my nerves). He's not a worldly boy - rarely leaves his room at home. No girlfriend etc. I expect he would be ok, it would be me worrying. The fact that PI don't think he's old enough to stay solo says that it's not wise either.
Old 1 Apr 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I have a nearly 17 year old but the last time we stayed in a PI he was 15 due to Covid! I was faced with the same problem as you when I booked a stay near Alton towers for this summer, no way would be want to stay in a room alone and actually we all enjoy the odd night away ‘bunking’ in, it’s part of the holiday for us and so we actually like sharing!

My dilemma was about breakfast, as I’m not trying ‘to get away’ with anything either. So this time I just haven’t prebooked breakfast and I will just explain the situation when we get there and book and pay for breakfast separately! 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve never known this issue. I just book a family room. Pay for breakfast on the day- anyone can turn up and pay for breakfast.
Old 1 Apr 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

What about connecting rooms - do they have any?

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

We just check in without them or use the machines.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
What about connecting rooms - do they have any?
I wondered this, but there's no mention when you book to connect rooms - I think it may be hotel dependent.
If you book Travelodge (which have come a long way in recent years) I think children are under 18 which makes more sense.