Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Apr 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

My Dd has been 15 for a few years now 😉
I check in alone and we don’t use the restaurant so no worries there, not sure if they do interconnecting rooms, I’ve never seen any, but if I’ve booked more than 1 room the we’ve always been next door or over the corridor
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Maybe it depends on the type of room your booking and maximum occupancy of the room, unfortunately a 16 YO is probably classed as an adult and it may invalidate there insurance?
I presume your booking a family room?
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

I have had an interconnecting room before, was great for a bit more space, but not sure if they all have them. We had to book 2 rooms and then call up to request the interconnecting ones.
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nelly7 View Post
Maybe it depends on the type of room your booking and maximum occupancy of the room, unfortunately a 16 YO is probably classed as an adult and it may invalidate there insurance?
I presume your booking a family room?
But people don't care until its they who have no comeback when there's a life changing accident.

The risk is small when they can save £50 (on a £5000 holiday) by only booking one room.

What is expected is that you either book connecting rooms or, if unavailable, one parent is with the older teen whist the other is alone.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
With Travelodge you can book a room for up to 3 adults and 1 child in one room. Maybe have a look at them. We find travelodges to be very good these days.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Always just booked family rooms. My lads are 22 and 19 now, never been an issue.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
But people don't care until its they who have no comeback when there's a life changing accident.

The risk is small when they can save £50 (on a £5000 holiday) by only booking one room.

What is expected is that you either book connecting rooms or, if unavailable, one parent is with the older teen whist the other is alone.
Yes I agree, I just don't get why they cant count a 16yr old as a child, he is a child, and as part of a holiday I want him to be with us, for his security, my piece of mind and for the family experience. If other hotels can have appropriate insurance, Premier Inn can, I don't mind paying for the insurance premium, or even more for a family room that allows him as an "adult". I just want us to be together. There are def no connecting rooms in the hotel I'm looking at.
Thinking about it, if I leave him on his own, he will be up all night on his phone too
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’ve never known this issue. I just book a family room. Pay for breakfast on the day- anyone can turn up and pay for breakfast.
That's what we do
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I would just book a family room. DD is 17 but wouldn't like to be in a room alone
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I contacted them about having our special needs son in with us (he was 20 at the time). I wanted to book online and they said to enter 2 adults and 1 child on the booking form and pay for his breakfast on the day. Entering the restaurant nothing was said, he looks so young people often just to mistake him for a child. He never eats much so a bowl of cereal and a yoghurt and cup of tea isn’t going to put them out of business. Last time DH and I went alone the amount of people stuffing their faces (with three breakfasts in one case) running up when fresh food came out meant we never got much choice. Appalling behaviour, yet they pay the same
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List