Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Apr 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We've never been asked their ages - lets face it you may have a meal there but apart from that its a bed for a night.
If you feel better having him with you go for it - you'll be fine
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve stayed at Premier Inns many times and always said DS’s were children when they were 17 & 18. Most check-ins are digital anyway but if you’re worried leave him in the car for a few minutes until you have the room key/card.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Thank you everyone
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

T's & C's from the website.

The maximum room occupancy is two adults. Family rooms (where available) can accommodate two adults and two children (under the age of 16). You must not exceed the maximum occupancy for the room allocated to you. We reserve the right to conduct checks on occupancy. Occupancy is not transferable.

Children under 16 are not permitted to stay in a Premier Inn hotel unless a parent or guardian is also staying in the hotel. We reserve the right to request valid photographic proof of identity and age, so please bring this with you otherwise where requested you will not be permitted to stay.
Old 2 Apr 21, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

i think they would be more concerned with over occupancy...i would not worry, they would never ask..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nolypops83 View Post
T's & C's from the website.

The maximum room occupancy is two adults. Family rooms (where available) can accommodate two adults and two children (under the age of 16). You must not exceed the maximum occupancy for the room allocated to you. We reserve the right to conduct checks on occupancy. Occupancy is not transferable.

Children under 16 are not permitted to stay in a Premier Inn hotel unless a parent or guardian is also staying in the hotel. We reserve the right to request valid photographic proof of identity and age, so please bring this with you otherwise where requested you will not be permitted to stay.
Yes this is what spurred my original post. My 16 year old would have no proof of ID anyway- I would not have his passport on a uk trip. I’m assuming this ID mention is for under 18s staying solo - which is why their policy seems daft - it does make it very difficult for those with 16 and 17 year olds to stay if like us, they or you do not want to be alone. I know when I was 16 I would have been anxious on my own. Also if you’re a lone parent with two kids (which I am on occasion) there’s no way to manage it in two rooms either. I’m just going to book a family room. If they ask for ID he won’t have it...
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

I think most people do this, book the room and pay. I wouldn’t want my 16 year old to be on their own either.👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It’s not anything Premier currently enforce with families and is more to stop older teenagers upwards booking four adults in a room and partying than to penalise family groups.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
rhyger
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The problem we had when ours were teens was with the ridiculous truckle beds! It used to be great when they had a proper family room but when PI introduced the truckle beds that stow under a proper bed, we stopped using them. My sons at 15 and 13 were above 6ft and couldn't sleep on beds designed for small children
rhyger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

I have never heard of a hotel doing that - a standard hotel room with two double beds for example can technically hold 4 adults, I’ve never seen a ban on it (obviously if it’s a double bed and a set of bunks it’s different but still)

Reminds me of student days, booking one travel lodge room for 8 of us to save money and half of us having to sneak in.

I would suggest everything everyone’s said above or asking for showing rooms, then it’s practically one room anyway and a bit more space.
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List