Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Apr 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
As others have said, for us it’s to get us through that 1st night before hitting the supermarket next day. Your welcome pack seems extremely generous. For us, we like to have the following:

Bread
Spread (rather than butter)
Jam
Milk
Coffee
Small cereal boxes
Pack of Lays
Pack of cookies
Bottled water
Orange juice
Couple of dishwasher tablets
Washing up liquid
Kitchen roll

I like the idea of a tick list - with maybe a maximum value of $35?
Old 7 Apr 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

that seems extremely generous to me.

To be honest I would swap out the capri sun for a few bottles of water and I wouldnt use the wine (i would likely leave it for the next guests so you would get it back anyway)
I also take my own laundry tablets because I have sensitive skin but again I would leave that for the next guests so no harm no foul. It seems like a lot of laundry detergent so i would perhaps just leave a tablet or two in line with dishwasher.
In the pack though i would leave directions to the nearest dollar tree as that where we head as soon as we see whats in the villa to stock up with what we need. They do ideal sized packs for folks only staying a few weeks and means we dont have supersized packs from Walmart or Target.
I would love some Lays of Ruffles crisps but just water and not coke or anything as I cant do sugary stuff.

To be fair I dont think you will please everyone but its incredibly thoughtful of you to take the opinions. I would be delighted with what you provide and whatever I didnt use I would leave on the counter when I left to be reused the next time. The last time I went out we actually bought a cheap Keurig and before we left I messaged the owner ( Dibb villa) and asked if she was ok with me leaving it for others to use. I left the receipt and the guarantee behind too in case anything went wrong. Sad as it may be I checked the colour of the kitchen before I ordered it (was only $40) so there was the option of the villa owner using it.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

You have offered to help people out for a few days and been generous with it. For us, leave out the alcohol. I think that the laundry stuff is good, you don't know how long people have travelled to get to your villa or they might have been covered in food because of turbulence and want to get a wash on straight away. I like tea in the morning so I take my own tea bags. Buying crisps, biscuits and other food stuffs is going to be a minefield because you know that you will get complaints about different likes and dislikes. The way round that would be to offer the option of a shopping list and charge for the service.
Old 7 Apr 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
I think it’s a good welcome pack, but would also be inclined to say leave out the wine. I’ve had a few villa stays and have never drunk the wine left for us. Have always left it for the next guests. Now if it was a NZ Sauvignon Blanc, that wouldn’t have been the case. But that’s half of the problem - you’re never going to please everyone with your choice, so I really wouldn’t bother.

As others have suggested, would also prefer a few small bottles of water instead.

Think you could reduce the size of your laundry detergent and maybe offer just one hand sanitiser instead of 3. Am sure everyone will travel with their own for some time to come now!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
Hi All

1 x bottle of washing up liquid
4x dishwasher tablets
1x dish sponge
2 x dish cloths
2x bin / trash bags
3x small bottles of hand sanitizer
1x tub of anti bac wipes
1x 500ml bottle of liquid hand soap
2 x pocket packs of tissues
1x bottle of liquid Laundry detergent (approx. 20 loads)
1 x pack of ground coffee
4x Capri sun pouch drinks
1x bottle of white wine
1x bottle of red wine

Steve
I think this is fab and wish others would do it.
Personally I'd love the wine and so would my other half (probably says more about us!). Plus water? I'd skip the capri sun and coffee too (unless you provide creamer/sugar).

For me I'd want tea, milk and sugar (even more than the wine!), and maybe some cookies as a snack - most flights seem to land early evening and so by the time you are there you only really want a snack and bed.

I would appreciate a list of local takeaways and menus that deliver, and directions to supermarkets/chemist/nearest covid testing spot?

Just a couple of laundry tabs would be plenty, and I imagine anyone travelling will have the sanitiser, so maybe cut to one bottle?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Thank you to everyone that replied to this thread it is much appreciated and will help me to revamp what I now include in the pack.

Individual sachets of creamer and sugar/ sweater will be one of the additions, not sure if I will be able to add tea bags as they need to be individually wrapped but I will look into it unless anybody knows were I can get them from ?

As I buy the contents of the packs in bulk well in advance of guests staying it is not possible for me to include food stuffs as best buy / use by dates can be very short on some items, plus storage can be an issue, but I can ask my MC if he could provide a food pack which could be offered as an optional extra for guests.

As for including bottled water in the pack, I don't do this because the fridge has a chilled filtered water and ice dispenser which means as much chilled water as you can drink literally on tap without the strange taste that you can sometimes get with water from the tap in the US.

I do leave a selection of take away menus on the counter top in the kitchen.

As it has been mentioned by a few I will never please everyone with the contents of the pack but I will try my best.

Thank you all again for responding.

Steve

Edited at 04:09 PM.
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Amazon if you have an account Steve
Liptons enveloped hot black tea bags come in 100 count
If that helps
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Thanks Helen

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You can also get twinnings or PGTips if you want to take them from here
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
Thank you to everyone that replied to this thread it is much appreciated and will help me to revamp what I now include in the pack.

Individual sachets of creamer and sugar/ sweater will be one of the additions, not sure if I will be able to add tea bags as they need to be individually wrapped but I will look into it unless anybody knows were I can get them from ?

As I buy the contents of the packs in bulk well in advance of guests staying it is not possible for me to include food stuffs as best buy / use by dates can be very short on some items, plus storage can be an issue, but I can ask my MC if he could provide a food pack which could be offered as an optional extra for guests.

As for including bottled water in the pack, I don't do this because the fridge has a chilled filtered water and ice dispenser which means as much chilled water as you can drink literally on tap without the strange taste that you can sometimes get with water from the tap in the US.

I do leave a selection of take away menus on the counter top in the kitchen.

As it has been mentioned by a few I will never please everyone with the contents of the pack but I will try my best.

Thank you all again for responding.

Steve
You are clearly not taking up my suggestion of Ghiradelli then

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List