Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Apr 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Brundlemouse
Rebel with a Cause

Please help me choose accommodation at Lake Buena Vista!

Hello!

I am feeling very tempted to book for November in the current BA sale having canceled last year's trip and this year's big family holiday

It will be just myself and my husband for 10 nights and we have no expectations really given the year it's been... we will do parks if it seems safe but probably only a few days rather than every day. Mainly we just want to get away and be there, if we only get to relax, eat and shop a bit that's fine too.

Having said that, if we do any parks it will be Disney over Universal and we'd like to visit Disney Springs. We also won't be driving. I hovered over Endless Summer because of how amazingly cheap it is but I think we might end up spending the money we'd save on ubers if we do end up heading to Disney so am now thinking we should stay in LBV. I have never stayed in this area as we are usually on-site or in I Drive so it's a bit new to me.

Currently, I am considering Buena Vista Suites but it looks like they are actually closed right now and have been since March 2020 and people are being put into Caribe Royal instaead. Has anyone stayed at either of these and do we think BVS will reopen again by November (it seems to have has a more recent refurbish?)I am also considering the Rosen Inn at LBV. Now that the Crossroads has gone, is there any food walking distance from there?

Any other suggestions welcome too! Thank you!
Old 7 Apr 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We stayed hawthorn suites lake buena vista very near Disney springs we just used the shuttle and the linx buses as it was cheap 😆
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

I considered Rosen inn LBV but have booked blue tree resort in a 2 bedroom suite for only £550 for a week ...loads of places to eat nearby
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Brundlemouse
Rebel with a Cause

Thanks both, after lots of mulling we have booked The Red Lion in the end. It's good enough for us and excited to just have the potential of being there this year :-)
Old 7 Apr 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Brundlemouse View Post
Thanks both, after lots of mulling we have booked The Red Lion in the end. It's good enough for us and excited to just have the potential of being there this year :-)
What is the address of The Red Lion? Really hope it is not the one DonnaD said had been turned into low rental accommodation.
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
VIP Dibber

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Think it’s this one

2012 POR
2015 LBV Resort and Spa/1 night POR/1 night HRH
2016 LBV Resort and Spa/Clearwater/1 night RPR
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Check with DonnaD if she doesn't see this post.

(This seems very likely. The nearby area has alot of development going on, the site is very large, the existing hotel is very downmarket and unlikely to be profitable. A number of similar hotels have recently been remodeled as low income housing in extended leases. The Red Lion near Old Lake Wilson Road is one of these now.)

This is what she posted.

Edited at 10:15 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

If it’s the Champions World Development (? ) that’s definitely not what I’d call Lake Buena Vista?
Old 7 Apr 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1192070

This is the thread Donna posted on but HUGE apologies if it’s a different hotel and I’ve got crossed wires!
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Yes, that is what I was querying in previous posts.