BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
That’s on the 192. It’s not what I would consider to be Lake Buena Vista. But it’s also not championsgate.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
There is another red lion on google maps near old lake Wilson road. So I think this is a different one.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a look at Sheraton Vistana
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
That’s on the 192. It’s not what I would consider to be Lake Buena Vista. But it’s also not championsgate.
It was called Champions World (at least it was when we stayed there a long time ago!). Definitely not LBV though. It sounds like it’s not the same property Donna D flagged which is good news!
Old 8 Apr 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

There was another red lion on the 192 but that’s now closed so I’m guessing that’s the one people are talking about ...the other one is pretty new really but it’s definitely not lake buena vista
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
doodles
Getting Excited

OP - It might be worth your while doing a Google map satellite view of the property. I stumbled across that place the other night when I was looking for places to eat on our upcoming trip.
doodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Don't worry it was the other Red Lion that has changed! The one called Lake Buena Vista South is definitely still there. It also looks alot nicer than the other one which was more motel style.

It isn't a particularly inviting part of 192 but there are plenty of decent restaurants nearby. Perkins is right next door for breakfast. Smokey Bones and Olive Gardern are nearby. There is a new Publix at Sunrise City. That plaza has a Ross and TJ Maxx and keeps adding restaurants like Millers and 5 Guys.

There is a Walmart pretty close but I would reccomend the new Aldi which is much closer for a quick shop. There is a Dollar Tree next to it. There is also a Target nearby.
Old 9 Apr 21, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We love the Blue Heron Beach Resort in LBV. Condo style apartments with the most incredible views over a stunning lake.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
If it’s the Champions World Development (? ) that’s definitely not what I’d call Lake Buena Vista?
Champion's World is the one that just closed. You are right definitely not Lake Buena Vista! The other Red Lion that changed it's name to Maingate Village used to be called Red Lion Kissimmee Maingate.

The one the OP has booked is pushing it a bit with "Lake Buena Vista South". It is more like "South of Lake Buena Vista" in Kissimmee. That area doesn't really have a name. It is very close to Storey Lake that people on here have found a convenient location though.
Old 10 Apr 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Brundlemouse
Rebel with a Cause

Sorry all, I just saw all these posts! yes you are all right it is the ‘Buena Vista South’ location while the maingate one has now closed down and become rental accommodation. We watched vlogs on both (The Lodge Guys did good ones) and it seemed fine to us. We have booked as a package with deposit via BA though so any issues we can amend if needed.

In terms of area as long as it’s an affordable Uber to the parks and other places, safe and near to cheaper offsite food we are happy so it ticks all our boxes

It does have a $19 resort fee but even with that it was cheaper than some other places.

Thanks for all of your comments though!