Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Apr 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoC
Serious Dibber

I have flights booked myself and 2DS’s on 12 July and DH on 24 July all back on 24 Aug.
My elder son now finishes at half term due to GCSE’s so have been toying with the idea of going earlier and booking a residential rental property for 3 months (but staying less than 90 nights due to ESTA) but would mean younger son would need to fly unaccompanied though virgin still seem to offer this.

Have been getting nervous and thinking of sorting more things out then came up with the idea of longer trip so up in the air again.
We won’t be doing Disney this year due to Covid changes and high annual pass cost.
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I have to link Caribbean Beach Club to My Disney App - I think as it's booked with BA will need to phone them up.
Need to change some park days around now we are staying partly onsite - make use of the Skyliner more.
2 more Estas to do.
Need to sort travel insurance still (we have Nationwide Annual - but we might need extra).
Meet and Greet Car park to book.

Waiting till May's announvements when we will know more (esp for insurance needs).

All good practice planing, whatever happens.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
buzzbuzz
VIP Dibber

we are due to fly on 5th July. staying positive! we have booked for a month away, so if we can't go in July I will be gutted, as we will have to wait another year before we can spend that amount of time away in one go because of exams etc. might have to settle for 2 weeks in Oct half term instead. booked with BA which is changeable. stayed at the same villa a few times and the owner is spot on with re-booking etc. hope it doesn't come to that though! Not worried if we have to wear masks but we won't all be vaccinated by the time we go, so i just hoppe we don't catch anything just before the flights! the children don't know anything, as we always tell them the night before we go, to keep it a surprise. so if we can't go, it will just be us adults to be disappointed.
buzzbuzz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are going ( note the positivity ) on 28th August, I have booked Discovery Cove and the Airport hotel and parking 😀 All can be cancelled if need be

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
rotherham
Trying for More Ears

10th August from Manchester to MCO with Virgin:

Balance paid in full
Park Reservations done
Car hire Skip the Counter done
Suitcases out of garage
Holiday clothes checking complete
Buying new clothes when shops open
Taxi booked
Checking everyday on here and internet to see if I can go!

Edited at 08:43 PM.
rotherham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SLTh
Trying for More Ears

14th August from LHR here.

I am more confident now than I have been in the past 14 months. This is our 5th rebooking of this holiday and we are first timers with 2 children, one of whom has additional needs. We have resigned ourselves to more mask wearing than we would like, but we won't ever get Yacht Club for this price again and aren't fussed by meet and greets and fireworks if they were till absent. We are both vaccinated as are carers for our daughter. The only thing that would change our booking (from our side anyway) is any form of quarantine, as we come back 2 days before the start of the Autumn term.
SLTh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve got West Coast booked but I’ve actually decided to switch to Florida so rather than continuing plans, I’ve booked flights with Aer Lingus, changed my Grand California booking to Copper Creek, booked a place in Fort Myers, booked Royal Pacific, and booked Vero Beach all in the last week.
Just watching the DVC show now and they are saying they are not only calling furloughed workers back, but also laid off workers. So they are really starting to gear up.
Old 7 Apr 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’ve got West Coast booked but I’ve actually decided to switch to Florida so rather than continuing plans, I’ve booked flights with Aer Lingus, changed my Grand California booking to Copper Creek, booked a place in Fort Myers, booked Royal Pacific, and booked Vero Beach all in the last week.
Just watching the DVC show now and they are saying they are not only calling furloughed workers back, but also laid off workers. So they are really starting to gear up.
Interesting as I’m considering switching to Florida too from a west coast trip, we are with Aer Lingus was it easy to switch destinations it wouldn’t let me online?

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridafan101 View Post
Interesting as I’m considering switching to Florida too from a west coast trip, we are with Aer Lingus was it easy to switch destinations it wouldn’t let me online?
I had my booking to West Coast with BA. Haven’t cancelled it yet, will take a voucher valid until April 23. Just booked and paid with AL. 750 each in school hols, including baggage and seats so much cheaper than the Virgin prices.
Finger’s crossed it will come off, but if not they’ll give me a voucher valid for 5 years.
Hopefully we will get our West Coast trip third time lucky next year. And hopefully I’ll be able to get a Grand Californian DVC booking again. I’ve walked that sucker twice now.

Edited at 10:56 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

We’re due to fly on the 13th August and I’m feeling reasonably confident at the moment.

So much so that I booked my parents’ car hire (they’ll have their own car for some of the time) a couple of nights ago. It’s fully refundable with VH though.

We’re staying in a villa so have decided if we can go, then we’re off. Not that keen on the mask wearing, but we’d lose money on our park tickets by not going (as rolled over from last year), so figure we’ll just take it all as it comes and enjoy the Floridian sun.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List