Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Apr 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

5 Free Nights

We are planning our trip next year and we have 5 free nights for any Disney Resort.

Question - Would we be mad not to stay in Grand Floridian?

We stayed at GF in 2008 and were upgraded for free to main building, concierge in an amazing corner room suite. Never got to see what the standard rooms were like.

We stayed in Polynesian in 2007. Wasnt that impressed, but its been renovated since.

Love AKL and WL, hated BC (hence 5 free nights), and Contemporary doesnt appeal, unless it was the main building.

With current prices, we may never get the chance to stay at the GF or Poly again, but is that a good enough reason to use our 5 free nights on one of these?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

I assume you have to spend all 5 nights at the same resort? If not I'd give a few a try.

Otherwise I'd agree with going either Grand Flo or Poly, make the absolute most of those free nights. Personally I'd pick Grand Flo but depends on which of the two you prefer.

Also SUPER curious how you managed to get such an awesome perk! What was so bad with Beach Club? We loved Yacht club.
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We stayed in 2019 and the BC hasnt been renovated yet, the beds and mattresses are awful.

The bed collapsed during the night and at first we were refused a different room, then the next day we came back and we had been moved to a different room. Someone moved all our personal belongings to the new room without our knowledge, but left passports and money in the safe and put new guests in the broken room. 5 free nights was only part of their apology, we also had partial refund, free taxis, a huge credit of free FPs to our app. Due to the security breaches, when we got home we had a very nice cast member call from the executive office in Disney.

Originally Posted by spoonarama View Post
I assume you have to spend all 5 nights at the same resort? If not I'd give a few a try.

Otherwise I'd agree with going either Grand Flo or Poly, make the absolute most of those free nights. Personally I'd pick Grand Flo but depends on which of the two you prefer.

Also SUPER curious how you managed to get such an awesome perk! What was so bad with Beach Club? We loved Yacht club.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

WL is my favourite resort, but 5 free nights at GF would be lovely! We didn’t love The Poly either, but what a super dilemma to have!
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

I'd go Poly as the rooms will be renovated and its got Trader Sams!
Old 7 Apr 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sorry I wouldn't take your GF rooms even free! I'm not even sure what it is about the resort that doesn't appeal to us but it would be bottom of ours
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have only ever stayed once onsite (2019 at YC) as we normally stay offsite - we loved YC. If i was offered 5 free nights then I would love to try GF.
Old 7 Apr 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’d stay at the Boardwalk Inn , the staff and location are amazing .
Closer toMK I’d pick the Poly
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed at the GF in summer 2019 and loved it, so if we’d free night available and given the usual costs I would be going back to the GF.

We’ve stayed at the Poly as well, but definitely preferred the GF
Lou1982 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I am trying to think what I would do if I had five free nights, I think it would be partly down to where I had not been before and partly down to going more expensive and somewhere I would be less likely to pay for myself.

We spent five nights at Grand Floridian in 2019 after being moved from Wilderness Lodge due to issues. We were in an outer building and to be honest I didn’t feel like I was staying at the GF as I barely stepped foot in the main building and rarely saw any CMs. I think I would have enjoyed it more had I needed to enter the lobby to return to my room in order to take in some ambience.

I have never been particularly fond of the Poly public areas, too rowdy for me. But the refurbished rooms do look really nice and as I have never stayed and as it tends to be pricey, this is one I might be tempted to use free nights on.

I haven’t been to AKL yet and would love to, but I wouldn’t waste the free nights on AKL as it is usually the most affordable deluxe. I wouldn’t go back to WL again. I haven’t stayed at Boardwalk Inn or the Riviera Resort and I think those two, along with Poly would be my shortlist of three.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List