Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Apr 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Cabanas at water park

We are going (hoping) next June and we really like the idea of renting cabana for one of water parks. I have seen videos on cabanas at volcano bay and typhoon lagoon, both great. But which park is worth spending more time to make it worth while to rent a cabana?
Typically how long does each spends at water parks? We are not early ppl so prob not plan to head to water park til noon. If not renting cabanas would it be difficult to find seating?
Thanks 😊
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Cabanas can be pretty expensive but the best value ones are at Aquatica. We’ve got one twice before and they are fantastic. I have to be honest if your not going to arrive until noon it’s not worth the expense. Just my opinion obviously. We get there for opening and make a day of it with the cabana.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Midday is not a great time to arrive at a waterpark, I would really make the effort to get there from opening time or conversely put it off till mid afternoon. I think seating will partly depend on time of year and day of week, but you would be limiting your options for normal free seating if you arrive at noon, yes.

Not really sure I understand the question about which waterpark to get a cabana in, do you simply mean which is the best waterpark?
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

I have just read Sandras thread about the goings on over her road and I thought the thread title read ‘ cannabis ‘ at water park 😀😀
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Midday is not a great time to arrive at a waterpark, I would really make the effort to get there from opening time or conversely put it off till mid afternoon. I think seating will partly depend on time of year and day of week, but you would be limiting your options for normal free seating if you arrive at noon, yes.

Not really sure I understand the question about which waterpark to get a cabana in, do you simply mean which is the best waterpark?
Sorry to confuse you. We plan to visit different water park such as volcano bay, typhoon lagoon etc, but we only want to rent cabana at one of the water park, just wonder which water park is worth the money rent or advise to rent due to availability of seating available.
Old 8 Apr 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Cabanas can be pretty expensive but the best value ones are at Aquatica. We’ve got one twice before and they are fantastic. I have to be honest if your not going to arrive until noon it’s not worth the expense. Just my opinion obviously. We get there for opening and make a day of it with the cabana.
Thank you for the info. Would there be enough to do to spend a whole day there?
I think ur right. If renting cabana we shud stay longer to make it’s worth the money. But worry there isn’t enough to do.
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
If you are a family of thrill slides at water parks then Volcano Bay or I guess Aquatica (only been once not long after it opened).

We only spend half days at Disney Water parks nowadays but may change with DS being 5 when we next go.

However, we are planning to do Volcano Bay for full day and rent a cabana there. I guess they are on the high side for prices but I like some of the perks especially your own tapu tapu.

We are watching a vlog at the moment and Aquatica did not look busy at all... not sure how popular this water park is compared to the others and maybe seating more readily available if you turn up there later?
Old 8 Apr 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

How many are in your party?

Volcano Bay offer a premium seating option which is cheaper than a cabana. It provides two lounge chairs with cushions, a shade to pull over when you need it, a safe in between your chairs and a server so you can get food and drinks brought direct to your seats.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Thank you for the info. Would there be enough to do to spend a whole day there?
I think ur right. If renting cabana we shud stay longer to make it’s worth the money. But worry there isn’t enough to do.
Aquatica is actually our favourite water park. To be fair we only did a couple of hours at Volcano Bay so I haven’t done that enough but Aquatica is better than the 2 Disney water parks in my opinion. Roa’s Rapids the quick “lazy” river is brilliant.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Personally, it’s best to avoid noon at a water park, in the past VB have even been closed to new arrivals as it reaches capacity then and this was pre covid.
Personally, if not morning people- you might have to make an exception for visiting a water park and save the expense of a cabana as they are very expensive 👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List