Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Apr 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We are a party of 4 adults (son and daughter now 18 and 19) and always share a room with a pull down bed. I can 100 % confirm that the pull down murphy beds at POR and CBR would be too small for your 5ft10 son. My daughter is 5ft6 and sleeps on them happily, but is too tall if lying flat. Fortunately, she likes to curl up to sleep. The pull down Murphy beds in the deluxe DVC villa accommodation are big enough for an adult. I remember Geoffa sharing a photo of him trying out the one at the GF. So, you can look at studios at Beach Club (day bed, rather than murphy bed) , Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge (Boulder Ridge, not Copper Creek), Polynesian and Grand Floridian. I believe there are also rooms that can sleep 5 at the Contemporary, although it doesn't appeal to me, do I don't really pay much attention. Hope that helps a bit 😊

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 11:57 AM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerCub
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We are a party of 4 adults (son and daughter now 18 and 19) and always share a room with a pull down bed. I can 100 % confirm that the pull down murphy beds at POR and CBR would be too small for your 5ft10 son. My daughter is 5ft6 and sleeps on them happily, but is too tall if lying flat. Fortunately, she likes to curl up to sleep. The pull down Murphy beds in the deluxe DVC villa accommodation are big enough for an adult. I remember Geoffa sharing a photo of him trying out the one at the GF. So, you can look at studios at Beach Club (day bed, rather than murphy bed) , Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge (Boulder Ridge, not Copper Creek), Polynesian and Grand Floridian. I believe there are also rooms that can sleep 5 at the Contemporary, although it doesn't appeal to me, do I don't really pay much attention. Hope that helps a bit 😊
That is really helpful, thank you 😊
TigerCub is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve booked the swan reserve for our first night in November to make my flight into a package. We’re DVC members so off to SSR for the rest of the hols. The rooms look big there and hotel looks nice.
Maybe you could book a free cancellation booking with hotels/booking.com/Expedia etc then you can cancel easily if your plans change
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If it helps, Virgin Holidays have the Dolphin as a hotel only booking and we've just got a lake view room for £2728 for 14 nights. Theyre also offering a $50 food voucher per room, free car parking and a kids eat free type offer.
We really love the Y&BC but this is over half the price for the same location.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerCub
Excited about Disney

I am so tempted by the Swan and Dolphin! Have been looking at the Swan Reserve today and those 1 bedroom suites look great.
I did take the plunge yesterday and booked a deluxe studio at the Riviera for 9 nights under just my name so that we have something booked but going to keep my eyes peeled for Swan/Dolphin with a BA package. Equally if any offers come out I might cancel and rebook. It just feels good to have something booked!

Edited at 06:46 PM. Reason: Wrong room type
TigerCub is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TigerCub View Post
Is there a knack for booking OKW? I never see it on the Disney site for our dates or on our other preferred option, a package with BA. It would be great to stay in a Disney resort but am definitely more open to partner hotels than before.
Disney Springs and Crescent Lake are probably going to be really good locations for us. I love the idea of having evening options in walking distance, especially for the teenagers.
OKW is DVC and cannot be booked until 11 months out. Disney UK also get their initial allocation at 11 months. More allocation is then added at 7 months when DVC can buy from other resorts, then random times depending on the bookings
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List