Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Apr 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
Why do people keep moving these posts? I saw this earlier and it’s taken ages to find it?
My posts often get moved so I’m obviously quite bad at picking the right forum. I think it’s moved to Accommodation because it’s focussing on changes to accommodation availability but I thought it was more to do with planning and discussing when deals might be out.
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stepaway View Post
My posts often get moved so I’m obviously quite bad at picking the right forum. I think it’s moved to Accommodation because it’s focussing on changes to accommodation availability but I thought it was more to do with planning and discussing when deals might be out.
But it’s a planning thread? Mine got moved to food and dining as I’d mentioned free ddp? Anyway I’m waiting for a deal coming soon - hoping end of the month 🤞🏻

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I noticed rooms are now showing availability for August/Sept 2022. No deals to be had but when I checked a week or so ago you couldn’t search that far ahead.
It would be nice to have some sort of sweetener!
Ideally we’d love the Beach Club because the location suits us so I’m toying with the idea of the Swan and Dolphin instead.
If there are no perks to be had with Disney then we might as well give it a go

Edited at 10:06 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
That’s annoying if it does end august 31st. I’d be surprised if most UK guests would wait until then to see if anything is coming. I’ve got a room with a £50 deposit booked. I’m giving it a deadline of second week in July. If nothing is happening I may review my plans.
I’m thinking the same to put a deposit down to secure the room. When / if there’s offer for free nights or dinning. Can we change over or do we lose £50? So eager to book something soon.
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
I’m thinking the same to put a deposit down to secure the room. When / if there’s offer for free nights or dinning. Can we change over or do we lose £50? So eager to book something soon.
You can apply the offer to an existing booking
Old 11 Apr 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerCub
Excited about Disney

So keen to do this soon too! Do you all book a room for just 1 person to pay minimum deposit then add extra people later?
I hadn't realised you could add offers later, are there any tricks to this? I had thought that there was a fee for amendments but is that only if the price doesn't increase? So they wouldn't require you to cancel and book again with the new offer? I think this caught me out when I was trying to do this in 2019 so want to get it right!
Am undecided between booking a ba package or doing what I did before and going through disney and sorting flights separately.
Sorry for all the questions!
TigerCub is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TigerCub View Post
So keen to do this soon too! Do you all book a room for just 1 person to pay minimum deposit then add extra people later?
I hadn't realised you could add offers later, are there any tricks to this? I had thought that there was a fee for amendments but is that only if the price doesn't increase? So they wouldn't require you to cancel and book again with the new offer? I think this caught me out when I was trying to do this in 2019 so want to get it right!
Am undecided between booking a ba package or doing what I did before and going through disney and sorting flights separately.
Sorry for all the questions!
Four of us are going but the booking direct with Disney is for one person as it’s £50pp to deposit. I’d just rather keep the £150 for the others in my bank! The deposit is entirely refundable and no amendment fees to add others on or change dates (I’ve changed my room type and dates and number of nights since I booked and it was so easily and no charges). If offers come out I can add them on and this way I’ve got the room type reserved for no risk whatsoever
Old 11 Apr 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerCub
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Stepaway View Post
Four of us are going but the booking direct with Disney is for one person as it’s £50pp to deposit. I’d just rather keep the £150 for the others in my bank! The deposit is entirely refundable and no amendment fees to add others on or change dates (I’ve changed my room type and dates and number of nights since I booked and it was so easily and no charges). If offers come out I can add them on and this way I’ve got the room type reserved for no risk whatsoever
That's great, thank you! The room type i am thinking of isn't available yet for our dates so pondering whether to sit tight and wait or book our second choice as a safety net. 🤔
TigerCub is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

I booked our second choice room type and then kept an eye and moved it. If you go through Quidco you get some money back too
Old 11 Apr 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've booked ours and then I'd plan to either apply a dining offer to it (or cancel and book with someone cheaper).

We are hoping for 1st September 2022 for 14 nights. I've booked the Universal hotels with Travel Republic for a great price under a very low deposit. If nothing is released by the end of June, we will be pushing back to September 2023.

There's no Disney holiday without the Disney Dining Plan for us as a group of 9 adults. Pure and simple.

Edited at 01:18 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List