Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Apr 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Leemcd
Getting Excited

Where to stay in Davenport!?

Hi all,

After multiple cancelled Disney trips this and last year, we are tentatively looking to book for October 22. We like Davenport and previously stayed in a condo at terrace ridge circle. But this time would like a villa, can anyone recommend a community for a nice villa around Davenport?

Tia

Lee
Leemcd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

It’s a pretty big area. We like the villa communities on the 27 north of the I4. Our favourite is Highlands Reserve. There is a small shopping area right next to it with a couple of restaurants, a few shops and a Publix supermarket. Not far away in a north direction is a massive Walmart. We also like being quite close to the 192 as there is a lot of choice of restaurants there. If, like us, you are an early riser and leave for the parks early, we find the traffic reasonable too and we rarely venture on to the I4 if we can help it. It’s quite a good location and there are lots of other villa communities very close by.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
It’s a pretty big area. We like the villa communities on the 27 north of the I4. Our favourite is Highlands Reserve. There is a small shopping area right next to it with a couple of restaurants, a few shops and a Publix supermarket. Not far away in a north direction is a massive Walmart. We also like being quite close to the 192 as there is a lot of choice of restaurants there. If, like us, you are an early riser and leave for the parks early, we find the traffic reasonable too and we rarely venture on to the I4 if we can help it. It’s quite a good location and there are lots of other villa communities very close by.
Just out of interest you can now get from the traffic lights at the Legacy Park/27 junction all the way to Entry Point Boulevard without seeing another light and avoiding 192 completely.

Turning left on EPB takes you straight to the famous Sherberth shortcut.

Mick
Old 11 Apr 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Watersong is lovely. We’ve stayed there many times.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sacratini28
Trainee Dibber

I highly recommend you looking at Balmoral Resort ! Weve stayed in lots of different communities and this is by far the best !

Its really new and has loads of different Villa and housing options.Theres a great Pool and Clubhouse as well as waterslides etc for the kids.

Although its in Haines City,the I4 is only 10-15 mins away, and there's loads of shops and eateries close (Public,Walmart etc )
sacratini28 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

We like Lake Wilson Preserve, good access onto 4 or 192. It’s near to Champions Gate so lots of restaurants to choose from, there’s also a couple Publix supermarkets,take aways, CVS, Aldi, WAWA gas station (good for sub sandwiches) and a Dunkin Donuts to name a few. Both Old Lake Wilson road and 4 can be busy coming home from the parks, but we have always been fairly lucky and had no big delays.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

High Grove
Highlands Reserve
Legacy Park
Westridge
Calabay Park

All off the US 27 - good location, close enough to the 192, easy access to Disney via Florence Villa Grove Road, Berry Town Center with Publix, Applebee’s etc, Posner Park further down and plenty more eateries.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Just out of interest you can now get from the traffic lights at the Legacy Park/27 junction all the way to Entry Point Boulevard without seeing another light and avoiding 192 completely.

Turning left on EPB takes you straight to the famous Sherberth shortcut.

Mick
Thanks Mick, yes we do take this route now, it’s so quick and easy, but I’m rubbish at explaining it to people so I tend to not tell them

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Leemcd
Getting Excited

Thanks all! We did like having the publix close by, just opposite the wawa if I remember correctly 😄
Leemcd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Thanks Mick, yes we do take this route now, it’s so quick and easy, but I’m rubbish at explaining it to people so I tend to not tell them
Alison

I think I've posted those directions about 50 times on here but it was only after Nov 2019 that the final bit of Funie Steed Road at the junction of EPB was finished. It was DonnaD who uses it a lot who told me. In Nov 2019 the last 100 yards was still a construction site.

I usually add to my posts to follow it on Google maps as it might sound complicated trying to describe in words. You travel the same distance east and north as you would as if on 27 and 192 just a hundred traffic lights less.

Mick