Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Apr 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Yes, every time I book a US hotel, they're happy to apply the AP rate retrospectively.

Saying that I was looking at October and they have some pretty good deals without AP discount (albeit on longer stays), be interesting to see if they can better them.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Yes, every time I book a US hotel, they're happy to apply the AP rate retrospectively.

Saying that I was looking at October and they have some pretty good deals without AP discount (albeit on longer stays), be interesting to see if they can better them.

Thank u for the info. It’s great to know they could modify it if available. That’s what I was hoping.

We plan to either stay 5 nights or 12 nights. Depending if Disney release any deals. At the moment it has savvy traveller rate which is around $150 more than AP rate per night.but still much cheaper than normal rate. I think I’m going to go ahead n book the savvy rate To secure the room. Then modify it near the time. So I don’t have to stress about it.
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
I think I’m going to go ahead n book the savvy rate To secure the room. Then modify it near the time. So I don’t have to stress about it.
I had savvy traveller rate booked but I've cancelled and switched to travel republic. Over a four night stay in November they were £125 cheaper.

If AP rates come out and beat TR I'll cancel and switch.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mulled this one over.

Have decided to book for this Sept with TR simply because of the £15 deposit.
I think nearer the time I have 2 options

Look at AP prices and swop if cheaper direct with universal and not using a hire car
See how much virgin holidays are charging for the hotel and book with them as they have free hotel parking saving £13 per day (£183 for a 14 day stay)
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
I thought it was 3 months out so would be up to mid July atm
Normally is 3 months but I booked my AP hotel beginning of April for this August. Reckon they must be trying to attract people back. Was surprised to see availability. Also can cancel and modify free of charge - I had to move my dates by a few days when I got my flights.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kp789 View Post
Normally is 3 months but I booked my AP hotel beginning of April for this August. Reckon they must be trying to attract people back. Was surprised to see availability. Also can cancel and modify free of charge - I had to move my dates by a few days when I got my flights.
Yeah, I’ve seen up to the first half of August available for the last month or so. I’m waiting on November!
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Agh will keep an eye out for Sept maybe they will release at the start of may
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
res.windsurfercrs/ibe/

You can book the AP rate now for end of September - you have to pay but can cancel with no charge and rebook if price changes (remembering the exchange rate could fluctuate).

I've done it three times as keep changing my dates!
That link is taking me to a whole load of Copthorne hotels in the UK . I’ve been looking for an AP rate for September but it’s still showing the standard rate.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve managed to get there through the Loews site but no AP rate and no option that I could see to put the APH code in?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’ve managed to get there through the Loews site but no AP rate and no option that I could see to put the APH code in?
Use this link it automatically searches for AP rates. Just put your dates in and hit update.

res.windsurfercrs/ibe/de...688.1544212394
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List