Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Apr 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

DVC 2 Bedroom Villa

Trying to do some planning ahead for a Disney trip in summer 2023.

Travelling will be me, DH, DD, her BF, DS, and his GF.

My DS and GF want to stay at Art if Animation, but the other 4 of us are considering trying to rent DVC points for a 2 bedroom villa for about 10/11 days.

The resorts we are looking at are Beach Club, Bay Lake Tower, Grand Floridian, and Saratoga Springs, any recommendations for the best resort to pick?

And which resort we are likely to get best availability at?

Also, could I put my DS and GF on our reservation as well as then being registered at Art of Animation so they could come and hang out with us at the resort pools?

Thanks for any help
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Saratoga springs will be significantly cheaper than the others. Take a look here to get an idea dvcrequest/dvc-guests/cost-calculator
I would go beach club personally just for location.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you that link is very helpful.

Cost is of course important, but will not be the main deciding factor.

I’m also drawn to the Beach Club for location, but I’m thinking Saratoga Springs would be could for proximity to Disney Springs in the evenings.

Lots of decisions to make
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Saratoga will have best availability as it's the biggest resort. Pool wise, officially yes as only resort guests are allowed to use the pool & pool hopping is a no, even DVC owners have certain pools that they cannot use. As far as registered in your room, I'm sure that you can't be registered in 2 rooms so not sure, pool at SSR wouldn't be an issue as they are wide open.
As to the best, depends what you want & ages of DS/DD etc Bc is great but not so much if they are under 21 IYKWIM. Although not as "impressive" I think SSR has the ideal location, if being near the parks isn't important, that ability to just walk 5 mins to Disney springs can't be over stated IMO
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Also, could I put my DS and GF on our reservation as well as then being registered at Art of Animation so they could come and hang out with us at the resort pools?
I'd put two extra guests on your 2 bed reservation but under different first names. Don't bother with MDE profiles for them or anything and just get keys for 'john & jane smith' at check in so they can access the pool without complicating their existing AoA reservation.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Saratoga will have best availability as it's the biggest resort. Pool wise, officially yes as only resort guests are allowed to use the pool & pool hopping is a no, even DVC owners have certain pools that they cannot use. As far as registered in your room, I'm sure that you can't be registered in 2 rooms so not sure, pool at SSR wouldn't be an issue as they are wide open.
As to the best, depends what you want & ages of DS/DD etc Bc is great but not so much if they are under 21 IYKWIM. Although not as "impressive" I think SSR has the ideal location, if being near the parks isn't important, that ability to just walk 5 mins to Disney springs can't be over stated IMO
SD
Thank you, my DS will be 27 and my DD 25 so they are looking forward to trying some adult beverages 🤣
Old 12 Apr 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I'd put two extra guests on your 2 bed reservation but under different first names. Don't bother with MDE profiles for them or anything and just get keys for 'john & jane smith' at check in so they can access the pool without complicating their existing AoA reservation.
Thank you that’s great to know I can do that, if we choose Beach Club then I’m sure they’ll enjoy some pool time with us.
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Brythonic 14
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
Saratoga springs will be significantly cheaper than the others. Take a look here to get an idea
I would go beach club personally just for location.
Thanks for this link. Is it possible to tell how realistic these prices are? Looking at early May and some of the studio prices look great
Brythonic 14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

If you book with them that is what you pay. I've used them twice and had no problems. Just be a ware that you can't get a refund if you cancel so make sure you have insurance.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Brythonic 14
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
If you book with them that is what you pay. I've used them twice and had no problems. Just be a ware that you can't get a refund if you cancel so make sure you have insurance.
Oh, great! Thanks for this, you've hugely helped with our budgeting options. Now to check out insurance!
Brythonic 14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List