Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Apr 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Flown with both, always found BA cabin crew friendly, Virgin were just ok, but we;re quite happy with very little chitb chat from them, although, when we went in 2019 I was crying watching A Star is Born and the BA crew member saw me, asked what was wrong and gave me an extra mini magnum, she she won the day there haha.

Honestly though, it goes on who gets us there for the cheapest price for the dates/times/duration that we want. Usually it's BA fly drive, for next year, we have booked a Virgin fly drive into Miami as it was a price we were happy with.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Flown with both, always found BA cabin crew friendly, Virgin were just ok, but we;re quite happy with very little chitb chat from them, although, when we went in 2019 I was crying watching A Star is Born and the BA crew member saw me, asked what was wrong and gave me an extra mini magnum, she she won the day there haha.

Honestly though, it goes on who gets us there for the cheapest price for the dates/times/duration that we want. Usually it's BA fly drive, for next year, we have booked a Virgin fly drive into Miami as it was a price we were happy with.
Hahaha! I watched that film for the first time on a BA flight to Orlando too. My other half did warn me not to watch it - balled my eyes out, put it down to the pregnancy hormones 😂😂 I didn’t get an extra mini magnum though... shocking 😂
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
Hahaha! I watched that film for the first time on a BA flight to Orlando too. My other half did warn me not to watch it - balled my eyes out, put it down to the pregnancy hormones 😂😂 I didn’t get an extra mini magnum though... shocking 😂
I had seen it at the cinema before, but that song at the end kills me lol. Every single time. She tapped me on the shoulder and said 'madam are you ok, do you need anything' I was just no sorry it's this film, and she laughed and handed me an extra one, kids and dh were cracking up at me lol.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
Thanks Scouse... wow that would definitely put me off flying with TUI.

That, and from me pricing up the same holiday on TUI as with BA, they are so much more expensive.

Also I haven't forgiven TUI yet, and I used to travel very often with them, for bumping all their prices up by at least 25% when Thomas Cook went bump. I appreciate Supply and Demand but that was just taking advantage.
Yeah their prices aren’t competitive at all compared to BA. If they were, I would consider them though. Their PE product is good enough and although flying into Melbourne would be around. 1.5-2hr transfer it might be offset with short wait for bags and immigration.

The BA flight can get into Orlando quite late and a nightmare if anything lands at the same time.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’ve flown TUI, Thomas Cook, Virgin and BA to Florida over the years. Our main driver has been price, but with our experience with BA over the past year, they will now be our carrier of choice. They have been great with refunds and vouchers (3 holidays cancelled so far), and have always been competitive with prices. For our August holiday we’ve booked flights, car and villa with them, due to being deposit only, balance due 3 weeks before travel and ability to cancel and request a voucher for future travel.
Old 13 Apr 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
clyde106
Earning More Ears

Thanks everyone. For us, TUI is cheaper than BA and it's a direct flight. The only thing really putting me off is the trip from Melbourne to Orlando. You'd think if they're flying to Melbourne because it's cheaper then they'd put the prices down too vs. when they flew to Sanford but it doesn't seem like thats the case unfortunately.

BA also seem to get there later and the journey time is longer due to having to change at LHR. TUI PE also seems a little nicer and it's a dreamliner...

So many pros and cons for both!
clyde106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by clyde106 View Post
Thanks everyone. For us, TUI is cheaper than BA and it's a direct flight. The only thing really putting me off is the trip from Melbourne to Orlando. You'd think if they're flying to Melbourne because it's cheaper then they'd put the prices down too vs. when they flew to Sanford but it doesn't seem like thats the case unfortunately.

BA also seem to get there later and the journey time is longer due to having to change at LHR. TUI PE also seems a little nicer and it's a dreamliner...

So many pros and cons for both!
Personally if TUI is cheaper, I’d go that way. TUI PE on the Dreamliner is nice, earlier flight time, yes there’s a decent transfer time but hopefully that would be offset by quicker immigration and no connection.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

We have only travelled to Orlando on VA.
Absolutely amazing service, loved the bubble...

Now that's gone though and I've been hearing awful things about them breaking the law during the pandemic I am more inclined to fly BA this time!

We fly BA a lot to take our son to and from school and they were brilliant with vouchers ASAP.

I will be looking at both flight prices though and making my choice on that.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

We prefer BA out of BA/VA. I’ve flew VA a few times and have had mixed experiences with the cabin crew, at least in economy. On our last VA flight, 2 cabin crew were sat behind us, turbulence was bad and we listened to two of them basically bad mouth and laugh about several passengers onboard for quite some time. They obviously didn’t realise we could hear them but very unprofessional. Not the first occurrence but definitely the worst so I decided never again. BA have always been lovely, on our last flight, cabin crew passed me a glass of champagne from a tray the girl was holding as she waited to get past us when we were queuing to reach our economy seats. A lovely & unexpected start to the flight. Importantly prices for BA fly drives from Glasgow via London are the cheapest we’ve ever found so a thumbs up from us.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’ve seen similar and whilst it’s not the only reason Virgin didn’t come first (cost and smaller fleet so fewer resources if tech delays) it absolutely decided me that an airline who permitted FAs to behave like “mean girls” around passengers don’t get my money , especially on a route serving Disney who believe “show” and keeping crap “backstage” is important.
Melbourne V Stanford is a no brainer , it’s in a far better position for KSC and the beaches, is a new facility and isn’t much further . It’ll. be better . Plus TUI have the Dreamliner of course .
BA have behaved far better with refunds in the last year than VS or TUI and I agree that should be a part of choosing who we travel with moving forward. If one airline can do it , they all can.
BA (and AA) for us.

Originally Posted by juliebissett72 View Post
We prefer BA out of BA/VA. I’ve flew VA a few times and have had mixed experiences with the cabin crew, at least in economy. On our last VA flight, 2 cabin crew were sat behind us, turbulence was bad and we listened to two of them basically bad mouth and laugh about several passengers onboard for quite some time. They obviously didn’t realise we could hear them but very unprofessional. Not the first occurrence but definitely the worst so I decided never again. BA have always been lovely, on our last flight, cabin crew passed me a glass of champagne from a tray the girl was holding as she waited to get past us when we were queuing to reach our economy seats. A lovely & unexpected start to the flight. Importantly prices for BA fly drives from Glasgow via London are the cheapest we’ve ever found so a thumbs up from us.

Edited at 04:55 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List