Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Apr 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
clarkyswc
Gone all Goofy

Insurance Question

Hi Dibbers, looking for your expert help!
I am booked to go to Cabana Bay in August with my 17 year old daughter. Looking into single trip insurance but cant work out some of the policy wording. I understand what I'd be covered for if either of us tested positive for Covid prior to leaving the UK, but am unsure what the cover would be if either of us tested positive before the return journey. Would they only pay accommodation/flights for the person who got Covid? Because if my daughter got it, I couldn't just leave her there on her own!
Any advise or policy recommendations would be gratefully received.
Thanks, Stuart
clarkyswc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clarkyswc View Post
Hi Dibbers, looking for your expert help!
I am booked to go to Cabana Bay in August with my 17 year old daughter. Looking into single trip insurance but cant work out some of the policy wording. I understand what I'd be covered for if either of us tested positive for Covid prior to leaving the UK, but am unsure what the cover would be if either of us tested positive before the return journey. Would they only pay accommodation/flights for the person who got Covid? Because if my daughter got it, I couldn't just leave her there on her own!
Any advise or policy recommendations would be gratefully received.
Thanks, Stuart
I’m sorry, I don’t know the answer to your question about insurance but if your daughter did catch it, surely you wouldn’t be able to leave anyway as wouldn’t you have to self isolate?

Have you looked at Staysure? I think a lot of dibbers are recommending them.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

It will all depend on the T&Cs of your insurance and the best answer that you will get will be from the insurance company, you really need to phone them and discuss your concerns.
Old 13 Apr 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Just booked mine with Allianz and it covers an additional person to stay if the person can’t be left on their own.
It will depend on your policy wording, if your not clear probably best to ring them.
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List