Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Apr 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks horrid, why do people do things like that without considering the impact on the other side.

Our neighbour just informed us a few days ago that instead of replacing his fence (which we’ve been told would be happening for the last 2 years) he’s just going to put a new one up on his side of it 🤦 Apparently he doesn’t like concrete posts and as it’s a big job to remove them (there’s nothing wrong with them condition wise) he’ll just put up a new higher fence in front.

Problem from our side is that his current fence steps down in height and the new one will be higher and straight so we’ll see his broken old fence panels with a new fence above if 🤬

We’re now having to look at adding something our side to mask it. Absolutely crazy.

He’s also doing it on the other side of his garden so covering his other neighbours fence which is only a year old. Theirs is a lovely one with curved trellis top and they’ll now see whatever he puts up behind it.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
The deeds are very clear there is no designated side. I wouldn't fall out but he knows I'm not impressed as I've asked him not to paint the rest and remove what he's done my side.
Old 15 Apr 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Usually the side that has the posts on is your responsibility, so if that's the case it's his fence.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Usually the side that has the posts on is your responsibility, so if that's the case it's his fence.
It isn't here its shared.
Old 15 Apr 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Looks horrid, why do people do things like that without considering the impact on the other side.

Our neighbour just informed us a few days ago that instead of replacing his fence (which we’ve been told would be happening for the last 2 years) he’s just going to put a new one up on his side of it 🤦 Apparently he doesn’t like concrete posts and as it’s a big job to remove them (there’s nothing wrong with them condition wise) he’ll just put up a new higher fence in front.

Problem from our side is that his current fence steps down in height and the new one will be higher and straight so we’ll see his broken old fence panels with a new fence above if 🤬

We’re now having to look at adding something our side to mask it. Absolutely crazy.

He’s also doing it on the other side of his garden so covering his other neighbours fence which is only a year old. Theirs is a lovely one with curved trellis top and they’ll now see whatever he puts up behind it.
Oh jeez that's not great.
Old 16 Apr 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I wouldn’t be impressed either. Our neighbour at the bottom of the garden painted her fences and posts all black (god knows why black, I would think it would make the whole garden feel dark and small!) but thankfully didn’t do the tops. It did however, drip through onto my side. We have a laurel hedge that is almost to the top of the fence and covers it. I can’t wait until it gets higher though as she has a habit of standing on a chair at the fence to look over into our garden, she’s like a flipping meerkat!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

I get why you don’t love it but I’m not sure Painted half black on top will look much better
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Am I the only one who doesn't think it looks that bad ?
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't think it looks that bad ?
Nope! I think that it would much worse it only half of the top had been painted.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I have never heard in all my years of dealing with property of one without defined boundaries and where the legal duty lies . I think you need to double check the deeds but if you feel it is shared then you really have no recourse if he reuses except to paint it the colour you want but so you want to fall out over this ? Only you can answer that but check with land registery first ...
Our boundaries are all shared too.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List