Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Apr 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I have never heard of it but I guess I am hard and fast in that I like boundaries, life to know where they are and like to know they are respected by all parties . IF I was to ever get a shred one (and I never would as for reasons above) then I would worked doubly as hard to get on with the neighbours and tolerate a lot like. I certainly wouldn’t post on SM as that could cause all sorts of issues.

I like boundaries in my life and not afraid to call people out if I think they are overstepping the mark into mine whatever they be. That way everyone can live harmoniously
Fingers crossed there are no issues! My MIL did used to say good fences make good neighbours!

OP you are in a difficult position because if you paint the fence a light colour it’s going to look strange. It definitely look peculiar from above. Are you planning to grow shrubs or plants on your side? It might soften the look and make the colour change less obvious.
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I think it looks pants and no idea why there was a need to paint the concrete posts in the first place. No doubt next year it will be painted another colour as they change it every year. Not sure the neighbour would be so keen if I decided to paint it cream his side now to match mine. We will see if he's continued with the other posts.
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Sorry you don’t like it, but I probably wouldn’t have even noticed. I think it looks ok

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
Fingers crossed there are no issues! My MIL did used to say good fences make good neighbours!

OP you are in a difficult position because if you paint the fence a light colour it’s going to look strange. It definitely look peculiar from above. Are you planning to grow shrubs or plants on your side? It might soften the look and make the colour change less obvious.
It looked nice when it was concrete. I think the moral of the tale is if you don't want to be overlooked plant big trees in your own garden. Since there's have all been removed its very open. That's one small section the top of my garden has mature trees sadly they don't grow as fast as I'd like 🤣
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

As the 2020 dibber of the year and without question the most respected dibber ever, in the bigger picture it wouldn't have bothered me and I would have just painted my fance panels the colour of my choice and either left the top of the concrete posts as they are or painted them the same colour as my fence.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This would have driven me nuts 🥜

What a bloody inconsiderate neighbour you have. Who would even think it was OK to do this

If it was up here I would have added a few white stripes and shouted “Toon Toon, black and white army” every time he was in his garden.

Edited at 12:43 PM.
levtweeney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
As the 2020 dibber of the year and without question the most respected dibber ever, in the bigger picture it wouldn't have bothered me and I would have just painted my fance panels the colour of my choice and either left the top of the concrete posts as they are or painted them the same colour as my fence.
Painting concrete posts and gravel boards must be a new thing 🤣 ive only ever done it when I've got slap dash with the paint
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
This would have driven me nuts 🥜

What a bloody inconsiderate neighbour you have. Who would even think it was OK to do this

If it was up here I would have added a few white stripes and shouted “Toon Toon, black and white army” every time he was in his garden.

That made me laugh. Thanks i don't think its on or considerate either. I've always been so careful not to paint any bit of the other side.
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

I think it looks awful and it would bother me, especially as you’ve gone halves.
Why someone would paint the concrete posts is beyond me.
We had to paint ours though, because the previous owners decided to spray all the fence bright blue before they moved out. They used a spray gun and it was all over the posts. It was some kind of oil based paint we think as it wouldn’t come off, so we replaced the panels but had to use concrete paint for the posts.

I think as long as it looks ok from ground level it won’t bother you as much, so I’d definitely want your half left alone.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Oh gosh, that would bother me too.

Have you thought about trying to cover each post up with some little solar lights? Either ones attached somehow to each post or some festoon lights? I think that’s what I’d do to try and disguise it a little bit.

Or just paint them over in cream, maybe accidentally dropping a few splodges down his fence, I’m kidding of course!