Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Apr 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Painting concrete posts and gravel boards must be a new thing 🤣 ive only ever done it when I've got slap dash with the paint
Not new - would need right think not to paint them and certainly my Father always painted his with this sprayer. Looks so much nicer a uniform colour rather than harsh concrete posts and skirting . Never gave ti a thought but checked mine and they are all painted (brown currently but ill blue come Spring and wont be asking the neighbours lol)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkcandy View Post
Oh gosh, that would bother me too.

Have you thought about trying to cover each post up with some little solar lights? Either ones attached somehow to each post or some festoon lights? I think that’s what I’d do to try and disguise it a little bit.

Or just paint them over in cream, maybe accidentally dropping a few splodges down his fence, I’m kidding of course!
Or get a creeper like ivy or honeysuckle to grow up them ?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I think it looks awful and that would bother me too 😐
I don't understand why he's painted them all the way across the top.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

I think it's going to look odd painted either way. I would have planted a Leylandii hedge there already.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
...I don't understand why he's painted them all the way across the top.
Neither do I!

It's like when you paint an internal wall without removing a radiator and you reach as far as you can behind it with the paint brush, so it just looks good from your one perspective. ...Except the neighbour seems to have forgotten there's a real live person the other side whose perspective is the other side of the radiator!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Or get a creeper like ivy or honeysuckle to grow up them ?
I had both going along the old fence that fell down when their trees came down. Came home and the lot had gone. To be fair the ivy does a lot of damage to fences and I'm keeping it off the new fence.
Old 16 Apr 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Not new - would need right think not to paint them and certainly my Father always painted his with this sprayer. Looks so much nicer a uniform colour rather than harsh concrete posts and skirting . Never gave ti a thought but checked mine and they are all painted (brown currently but ill blue come Spring and wont be asking the neighbours lol)
I like the contrast of the concrete and the trouble is fence colours come and go. Think its easier to just paint the panels when they need a fresh look.
Old 16 Apr 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
I had both going along the old fence that fell down when their trees came down. Came home and the lot had gone. To be fair the ivy does a lot of damage to fences and I'm keeping it off the new fence.
Yeah your right ivy is bad for that - may a rambling rose like Golden Showers ? Would look pretty , grows fast, isn’t damaging (as grows on a trellis /wire) and hide all the distress of his “handiwork”

Edited at 06:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 16 Apr 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Plant some conifers and in a few years you won’t see it.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Plant some conifers and in a few years you won’t see it.
How about lalandia - ONLY JOKING !

Plus I probably can't spell right.