Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Apr 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Do you have to book the Orlando Airport one? Interested to know if anyone has done the video call one?
Noone knows yet. I don't think Orlando Airport will be the only option, but I am assuming you won't be allowed to use one of the free government centres, which are like our NHS centres, and designed for people with actual symptoms not people on a holiday.

I feel like the airlines / tour operators are going to have to hook up with some test centers in holiday resorts if they want people to travel with them, but at the moment, it's all up in the air, as the government haven't actually specified what is required.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Looking at Qured, you can do a remote video lateral flow test before you travel for £39,
then a remote lateral flow while you are in the states for £39, and finally a Day 2 PCR test when you return for £99 (Just a guess, as they are currently only selling sets of 2 tests for £210)

That's £180 each, and that's assuming that the lateral flow tests are acceptable.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

I’m confident that when we get the ‘green’ light, Travel operators and airports will sort this and clarify. It is after all in their best interests. I don’t think we can speculate as this whole situation is unprecedented and we will just have to wait and see how it goes. If it’s a deal breaker when the outcome is clear, people may need to cancel.✈️
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
BA have Qured available to book

How it works:

Book your test with Qured well in advance of your departure from the UK, Qured will send you a kit to pack and take with you
Schedule your video call with a Qured Health Advisor
Take your test within 3 days prior to your flight back to the UK, following the advisor’s instructions
Your results will be visible in just 20 minutes

britishairways/en-gb.../covid19-tests
If this is what BA are doing, then I would think all other airlines will be very similar.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Looking at Qured, you can do a remote video lateral flow test before you travel for £39,
then a remote lateral flow while you are in the states for £39, and finally a Day 2 PCR test when you return for £99 (Just a guess, as they are currently only selling sets of 2 tests for £210)

That's £180 each, and that's assuming that the lateral flow tests are acceptable.
There were reports yesterday that the return PCRs were likely to be offered at £60, a bit better.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

if its going to cost an extra £200 per person say then a family of 5 would an extra grand an i don't think i will be paying that especially if i have been vaccinated so they need to get ahead and let people know as soon as so they can change their plans before the final balances are due
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
BA have Qured available to book

How it works:

Schedule your video call with a Qured Health Advisor
How do you do a video call if you don't have a mobile phone.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
that 1080 more for us which i wont pay
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
How do you do a video call if you don't have a mobile phone.
Tablet? Or if neither, i would say you can't do it, therefore can't go.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
This is my final stumbling block. I’m happy I can get insurance but I need to work out how to get a test and what it will cost.

It looks like Orlando airport have a test centre. Plus Walgreens / cvs do them. Walgreens is free but I’m not clear if that’s a ‘for travel’ test or if you have to have symptoms . Orlando airport list both options and ‘for travel’ has a charge. ($128)

If we need three, (before, during,after) at £60-£100 each then that’s a lot for the 4 of us.
I understand that if its for travel the minimum charge is $139 plus tax