Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Apr 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
zanacal
Dancing with Tink'

Endless Summer vs somewhere else vs villa

We (me, DH, 4 children - 15,13,11,9) went to Florida in October 2017. We had a good time but I left saying I didn't think we'd go back. I planned using these forums and picked up lots of tips but I think we just tried to cram too much in and I was exhausted by the time we left. We stayed in a villa and we didn't once go out for a meal at night (except when we stayed at HRH for a night which we loved) and we were usually asleep by early evening!

Of course I am now starting to think of a return visit... hopefully August 2022.

I'm trying to find somewhere to stay which is close to restaurants, close to Universal (we will likely do mainly Universal, perhaps a couple of Disney days), has a good holiday vibe but isn't too hectic (our 11 and 13 year olds are autistic). I like the look of Endless Summer at Universal. We could have 2 x 2 bed suites between us and the buses to Universal/Citywalk so DH and I can both have a drink at night. Cabana Bay looks fun but too busy for us and I like the look of Aventura but they don't have suites and my son is terrified of heights and won't do well with the full height windows. Any thoughts on whether this is a good option?

I'm also wondering about a different villa (all my kids need their own space and I'm a little concerned that even a suite in a hotel room doesn't allow for that). Somewhere closer to everything, perhaps in a community with a fun pool. Any ideas please?

Thank you 😊
zanacal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Samm
Excited about Disney

Hi we stayed at Endless summer resort October 2019 for 3 weeks. It’s a great base but even though it has a separate bedroom it’s still quite compact. Although if you are getting 2 rooms may give you that extra space it just doesn’t have a living area as such you have to sit on the beds to chill and watch tv. We’ve just booked for August next year at Cabana bay 2 bedroom suite for extra space but as you say looks a little hectic and busy. Have you thought about somewhere like vista cay resort? Not too far from universal and just off international drive if you fancy a bite to eat. I really wanted a villa this time but hubby wanted a hotel so kind of met in the middle with an apartment type room. The Grove looks amazing too but not sure how busy the pool area would be as there is a lot going on and I think that’s probably a little closer to Disney.
Samm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
zanacal
Dancing with Tink'

Thank you, I'll look at Vista Cay!
zanacal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We stayed at the grove twice,hopefully again in august.I have a large family,2 of our sons are autistic aged 9 and 15 and they loved the grove,not hectic at all,pool area usually very quiet.
We had a 3 bedroom suite,absolutely huge,plenty of space for 8 of us and a full kitchen,lounge area etc,plus extra bathrooms.Around 15 mins from disney,slightly longer to universal.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
zanacal
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
We stayed at the grove twice,hopefully again in august.I have a large family,2 of our sons are autistic aged 9 and 15 and they loved the grove,not hectic at all,pool area usually very quiet.
We had a 3 bedroom suite,absolutely huge,plenty of space for 8 of us and a full kitchen,lounge area etc,plus extra bathrooms.Around 15 mins from disney,slightly longer to universal.
That's so useful, thank you!
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We liked vista Cay but the grove is another level
Newer apartments, finish in the rooms amazing, lots of space
Pool area amazing, with lazy river
Lots of places to eat not far from the grove, but you’d need transport unless you eat on site, vista cay close to international drive but transport still needed I’d say
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
zanacal
Dancing with Tink'

Oh wow The Grove looks amazing! I wonder if we could do a split between there and one of the Universal hotels for just a few days. Those that have stayed at The Grove, who did you book it through please?
Old 16 Apr 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

We was looking at The Grove with TUI for September 2022, But chose a villa in the end. Part of me still thinks we made a mistake and should change it to the Grove, But my Grandson has autism so my Daughter wanted a villa as she thought a resort would be to busy.
But ready the reviews it looks like The Grove is wonderful.
Old 16 Apr 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
zanacal
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by BirdsluvDisney View Post
We was looking at The Grove with TUI for September 2022, But chose a villa in the end. Part of me still thinks we made a mistake and should change it to the Grove, But my Grandson has autism so my Daughter wanted a villa as she thought a resort would be to busy.
But ready the reviews it looks like The Grove is wonderful.
I'm going back and forth with the same thoughts!
Old 16 Apr 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We booked through Love Holidays
The resort is quiet, never felt busy to us
I loved it
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List